Bolder Digital Modded SB3*SOLD*, Upgraded Rev. 1 PS *SOLD*

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Up for sale:

SB3(Silver on bottom) with Basic level digital mods done by Wayne at Bolder. Asking $325 $275 $230 $220 $210 $195  $175(see last post in thread).  ]The basic digital mods are as follows:

Replacement of the internal power supply caps, removal of inductors from the digital signal path and new cabling from the digital buffer to a WBT NextGen RCA.   SOLD

Bolder Upgraded Basic Rev. 1 Power Supply for the SB3  Asking $325 $295 $250 $240 $220 $195. SOLD This is Wayne's upgraded Basic Rev. 1 Power Supply with Jensen Caps and more.  A wonderful power supply for the SB3 for not alot of $$. Wayne at Bolder has confirmed that this Power Supply would be a great upgrade for a Touch owner.
If needed, I have a Nitro DC cable for the Power Supply going to the SB3.  Asking $50 $40. SOLD

I will consider selling the SB3 & PS separately only if I have buyers for both items.

Money Order, Check or PayPal(add 2% to the above prices).

I will pay for the shipping charges which will be insured.  I have OCD when it comes to packing gear to be shipped.

Thanks for looking,

Randy
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2010, 06:26 pm by rklein »

rklein

Re: Bolder Digital Modded SB3, Upgraded Rev. 1 PS
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2010, 12:54 pm »
In looking at SB3's for sale with similar mods done, it looks like I have price my modded SB3 too high.  Please see the adjusted price above.  Keep in mind that Wayne's mods to this unit cost $250 alone.  I have also decided to lower the price on the Power Supply.

Thanks for looking,

Randy

rklein

*Bump* for final price reduction.  See the reductions in first post.

Thanks,

Randy

drphoto

I'm really tempted to jump on this. But I've gotten bit by the vinyl bug of late, which is probably insanity. I mean computer audio is supposed to be the new wave...right?

But I wanted to give a plug for my man Randy. He's not lying about his obsessive packing. When I bought from him, everything was carefully wrapped and he wrote detailed notes on how to set it up.

If you are in the market for one of these, you get two great AC dudes in one, Wayne the modder and Randy the seller.

I love this forum, because there are such trustworthy people here. AG and eBay seem like such a crapshoot.

rklein

One final try to give the above pieces to a good home here on AC :D before sending them to Audiogon :(

See the reductions in the 1st post.

Thanks,

PS - Thanks for the kind words Joe. 8)

Randy

rklein

Final *BUMP* before going off to Audiogon.

Thanks,

Randy

rklein

Been busy at work and with caring for my Mom just haven't had time to move this over to Audiogon.

Please see a further reduction up top... :)

Thanks,

Randy

rklein

Please see the first posting for a further reduction on my Bolder SB3 & PS.  I have reduced the price to $390 for both pieces plus $40 for the Nitro DC Cable.

Thanks for looking,

Randy

rklein

I have reduced the price to $390 for both pieces plus I will throw in a Nitro DC Cable for free($125 new!)

Thanks,

Randy

J Payton

You have PM

rklein

I have a potential buyer for my SB3.  If someone is interested in just the Basic Rev. 1 Power Supply, the price is $195.  I will cover shipping/insurance.  Money Order, Check, or PayPal(I will eat the fees). 

I just got off the phone with Wayne at Bolder and he stated that the Basic Rev. 1 Power Supply would be a great addition to a Logitech Touch.  Both the SB3 and Touch use the same 5 volt PS.  For you Touch owners out there, you would be getting a pretty good PS for not much cash.

Thanks,

Randy

rklein

*Bump* for the Power Supply (great upgrade for Touch owners!!)

Thanks,

Randy

ajayrav

Hi randy,

I may be interested in your power supply.  Still available? 

Thanks,
Ajay

rklein

Hi Ajay:

Yes, it is still available.  Don't forget you will need a DC cable to connect the PS to your source.  If you have one that is fine.  If not, I have a Bolder Nitro DC cable that would be $40($125 new).

Thanks,

Randy

ajayrav

Hi Randy,

I probably will need the DC cable as well, as I don't have one.  I assume this is the power supply that came in a gray case, right?  What modifications were done to the basic version by Wayne, apart from the Jensen upgrade.

Thanks,
Ajay

rklein

Hi Ajay:

You are correct... the PS comes in a grey metal case.  I don't want to misspeak to what else Wayne has done to this Power Supply.  I will PM him and give him this link so that he might explain what was done with this particular Power Supply model.

Thanks,

Randy

Wayne1

The power supply I built Randy used as many parts from the Ultimate PS as could be fit into the smaller, less expensive case. The Jensen caps cost well over $150.00 for them. Upgraded transformer, upgraded internal wiring and a circuit that was improved over the Basic Supply.

This is a great deal for the money for a very good sounding, but maybe not so attractive power supply.

rklein

Thanks for your explanation Wayne. :D  To be honest, I am perfectly happy with the modded SB3 and this Power Supply!!!  I just want to try something different after hearing Mike Galusha's system.  I have recently bought a Boxed HiFace with a BNC connection with 3.3v mods and internal Battery Power Supply from John Kenny.  This will be connected to a Nettop with only a little Intel Atom 230 cpu, which allows it to be fanless(thanks to Mike G. for building this for me! :thumb:).  I will be using foobar with kernel streaming.  I have yet to choose the DAC which will replace my modded Zhalou 2.0 DAC(also available for $175 :green:).

BTW, I have not heard from the person who was interested in my digitally modded SB3.  This unit is also $195.  I will cover all shipping, insurance, paypay fees.

Thanks,

Randy

ajayrav

Hello Randy,

Thanks for the answers. I would like to buy your PS and cable to go with my Touch that Wayne is modding.  So my total is $$235, right?  I'll PayPal you the money when you PM me your PayPal details.

Thanks,
Ajay

rklein

Hi Ajay:

PM sent.

Thanks,

Randy