FS - VPI Classic 1 in Walnut...comes with JMW10.5i/Classic arm, VPI Wires $SOLD

Sonny

Guys, finally got a chance to listen, really listen to the system and the Classic with both the Shelter 901 and Benz ACE SL.  What can I say, that's the reason I haven't been on and replying to the thread.  A friend brought over the Adjust Plus software and we tested the Classic with the Shelter 901 on it and well, the table performed flawlessly.  The speed, without SDS or anything was spot on, about .05% off on 45 RPM and about .037% off on 33 1/3.  Basically on 45 RPM it was running around 44.95 and if I moved it down a notch on the pulley it ran at about 45.03 or so.  Basically the same on 33 1/3.  Needless to say, I am really liking it and so, am second guessing myself or deliberating at selling at $1600 or at all.  I keep thinking, could I, with $SODL buy a table that was made this well and so forth.  So, until I get my main rig back, I'll have to keep this and listen til then.  After that, I will probably relist. 

:scratch:  Confused....but enjoying the sound from the Classic 1!
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2013, 11:09 pm by Sonny »

watercourse

Yup, it's a very nice table to have as a "standby"   :thumb:

Sonny

Yup, it's a very nice table to have as a "standby"   :thumb:

Isn't it???

Hey, you didn't make it over....hope you were outside enjoying the sun!

watercourse

I was working on my resume and housework all day... I missed out. We'll have to plan something soon.

Sonny

well, don't know when the next time will be...I mean, we expecting a boy on the 15th of May! :thumb:

watercourse

What? If I had known this might be one of the last times for a while, I would reconsider moving jobs :duh: :lol:

Congrats man, double the fun!

You may as well keep all your LPs at my place, they'll just collect dust  :thumb:

galyons

Guys, finally got a chance to listen, really listen to the system and the Classic with both the Shelter 901 and Benz ACE SL...

:scratch:  Confused....but enjoying the sound from the Classic 1!

Not confused....premature seller's remorse!!  I concur! The table sounded great and you need to sort your priorities on the big rig!!!

Cheers,
Geary

Domob_in_sf

I completely understand, Sonny.

Sonny

I completely understand, Sonny.

thanks!

Who's to say that i won't be ready to sell it once i realize that having two tables with a 2 year old and newborn is not feasible.

Sonny

Decided to finally sell it and it's been sold!