Hi Hello Greetings

Max Bouvatte

Hi Hello Greetings
« on: 26 Oct 2020, 10:15 pm »
Hello.

I'm joining the forum hoping to connect with other music nerds, gear heads, decibel dweebs, diy'ers, do or die'ers, amplifiers, vinyl junkies and yes, the audiophile type folks.

I just left the new Alpha Tech location on Gravois, I've got the itch for some new / used gear. possibly a pair of OHM 2's if I can find them...

Fell free to message me if you wanna have a listening sesh, I don't personally know anyone who is as pre-occupied with stereo equipment as much as I am- I figure this is a good place to find some fellow audioholics.

vinyldavid

• Collectorious Giganticus
Re: Hi Hello Greetings
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2020, 11:01 pm »
Welcome to the insanity!

There’s a set of Ohms on Facebook Marketplace being sold by one of our members, Evan.

Sorry I missed you at Alpha-I work there, but am out because of the pandemic.

Chalkdust

• Can't I live when I'm young?!
« Reply #2 on: 28 Oct 2020, 12:06 am »
Nice! Great looking setup.  Welcome!

Mr Peabody

« Reply #3 on: 28 Oct 2020, 09:13 pm »
Welcome

Max Bouvatte

« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2020, 01:22 am »
Welcome to the insanity!

There’s a set of Ohms on Facebook Marketplace being sold by one of our members, Evan.

Sorry I missed you at Alpha-I work there, but am out because of the pandemic.

Hi vinyldavid
Thanks for the info- I checked out the Ohm F's on facebook; they seem like a decent price relatively speaking, but I've read that the "F" model is really fickle when it comes to power...and probably too big for the space I'll be using them in. Thanks for looking out though. 
Also- you actually sold me the ESS speakers from Alpha Tech that are pictured in my gear room photo! One of the better purchases I've made. I listen to them every day.  :rock:

sturgus

« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2020, 01:58 am »
Welcome :thumb: You have come to the right place.

EvanF

• audio repair guy
« Reply #6 on: 30 Oct 2020, 06:55 pm »
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've got a hankering for omnidirectional speakers, can't blame you... come over and listen to em when you'd like, they sound great (that goes for all the GAS members).

That's true, they need a lot of 4 ohm power to sound their best... I run mine with a Carver THX rated 300WPC at 4 ohm amp (which I could sell along with the speakers), the bass is excellent because of it. As for room size, I run mine in a large room but I've seen a pair on /r/audiophile that's running in a small room where the owner is quite happy with the sound. If you'd like, you can audition the speakers in your own room . One thing to note is the upper treble needs a lil bit of a boost... there is a reason why subsequent Ohm models have a supertweeter. But for those looking for a "warm" sound should find the Fs to their tastes IMO.