GR OB subs in Edmonton Canada

turbinetodd

GR OB subs in Edmonton Canada
« on: 29 Jan 2021, 04:41 pm »
 Is there anyone  located in Edmonton who has GR OB subs ?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: GR OB subs in Edmonton Canada
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2021, 04:57 pm »
Hi,
Starting Block is really for people to introduce themselves. This question/thread is best posted in GR Reseach Circle, so I'll move it there for you now

2bigears

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2021, 06:00 pm »
 :D all you need to know is a set of those twins will give you the best bass you will ever hear. Nuff said  :D

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2021, 08:25 pm »
:D all you need to know is a set of those twins will give you the best bass you will ever hear. Nuff said  :D

What the man said is true.  The only thing coming close is a massive array of woofers where each has maybe 2mm Xmax.  That can arrive at the same kind of speed, but for more money and a LOT more space. 

Endo2112

• Particularist
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2021, 08:42 pm »
Check with Jay (Captainhemo) I know we are sending a set of duals to Edmonton on Monday, so there will be a set playing soon!!

Don

PDR

• May the best man win
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jan 2021, 11:12 pm »
I have a pair......but only paired with a set of X-statiks.
About 45 mins outside of Edmonton.
Only home on the weekends.

Really though.....you dont to hear them, there is nothing in the same ball park price wise.

BGA

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2021, 07:32 pm »
I may be the one Don was referring to and will be receiving the flat packs next week, I will have the subs from Danny Monday or Tuesday and just waiting on the OB Servo card replacement for my A370s from Rythmik and I'll have everything I need.

When these are done and some restrictions for covid get loosened in Edmonton you can have a listen if you like. We can even compare them to my Rythmik 15 sealed subs for fun.

I have a set of X-SLS right now, I have my X-Otica flat pack here but waiting on the parts so it will be half of an OB test, lol. 

Al

turbinetodd

« Reply #7 on: 11 Feb 2021, 12:09 pm »
I may be the one Don was referring to and will be receiving the flat packs next week, I will have the subs from Danny Monday or Tuesday and just waiting on the OB Servo card replacement for my A370s from Rythmik and I'll have everything I need.

When these are done and some restrictions for covid get loosened in Edmonton you can have a listen if you like. We can even compare them to my Rythmik 15 sealed subs for fun.

I have a set of X-SLS right now, I have my X-Otica flat pack here but waiting on the parts so it will be half of an OB test, lo

Al

Thanks Al i would love to get together once things return to normal and have a listen.
I have never listened to any of Dannys speakers.
Todd

Captainhemo

« Reply #8 on: 11 Feb 2021, 06:21 pm »
Once  we're back to  normal,   if you  guys are ever out West,  let us know   !

jay

BGA

« Reply #9 on: 18 Feb 2021, 06:53 pm »
Hey Jay,

If I'm ever in your area I would love to meet up, I owe you and Don a few beers for the awesome flat packs, you can even put me to work a bit, lol.

I would be interested to see the CNC you use to cut the flat packs out, the quality of the flat packs are mind boggling!

Al

Captainhemo

« Reply #10 on: 19 Feb 2021, 02:01 am »
Hey Al, glad you   are  happy with your  cabinets
The Oticas pretty  much  are as they come off the machine. aside from brace roundovers and a quick deburring of the parts.... the subs on the other hand are usually  customized  depending on what  each customer is wanting,  they actually take  quite a bit of time.

Everything is dry fit before it goes out, then there is Don's   packing...... not sure  you  could find better     !!

jay