New Thinking About An Old Idea

jimdgoulding

New Thinking About An Old Idea
« on: 17 Aug 2007, 12:15 pm »
Greetings-  I use bass traps and can hear the improvement in bass linearity in my 12'x15'x8' room.  I was gonna fashion some panels to absorb side wall reflections but did something else that made me re-think this.  I use active two way standmounted speakers with a tube line stage and a step up transformer for digital and vinyl.

I have an ad in Industry News under the same name as the subject shown above about the custom real wool felt tweeter surrounds that I use and, subsequently, make.  I say real wool felt because it's not mixed with synthetic fibers that are themselves reflective and unable to neutralize early reflections as effectively.  It's a particularly dense felt by design.

There is enough curtailment to what was hitting my side walls that I can listen louder if I wish without my room asking me to back it down.  In fact, my room is perceptively less of the equation all together along with my speaker enclosures.  Things are more there and the space, depending on the recording, is too!  More accurate timbral definition and a truer more dimensional shape to centered images can be discerned, also.

Have a look at my ad if you listen with traditional box speakers.  There is a gain to be had in sound purity and virtual reality, I kid you not.  Cheers.