reasonably priced ultrasonic cleaner?

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
reasonably priced ultrasonic cleaner?
« on: 18 Nov 2019, 01:21 pm »
Whether or not the ultrasonic cleaners are better than the vacuum cleaners, let's hypothetically skip that for the moment.  I see a bunch of options on eBay, and particularly for cleaning several at a time.  Any specific recommendations?  Have an opportunity to buy a guy's entire collection b/c he's moving to Spain, so I figured 1000 LPs may need some TLC. :)

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: reasonably priced ultrasonic cleaner?
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2019, 02:07 pm »
I looked on Ebay at what's available.  I think I'd contact our member Rollo to see what he has for sale.  I think he has something comparable and is certainly more reliable than some guy on the Bay. 

simoon

« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2019, 05:11 pm »
My friend owns the VinylStack 3 record version, it uses the 6L ultrasonic tank you see all over ebay for about under $100. All the ultrasonic record cleaners on ebay use the same tank by the same manufacturer, so they will all clean as effectively.

So, the VinylStack unit is $275 (they are actually $260 on the VinylStack website), plus $100 for tank. Pretty damn reasonable, if you ask me.

https://thevinylstack.com/ultrasonic-cleaning/ultra-sonic-spin-record-cleaning-kit/

It works incredibly well. Better then my vacuum record cleaner for sure.

The reason why I like it so much, is because loading and unloading records is so easy, you get 2 record holders (you can have 3 records drying and 3 records cleaning), and the holders attach to the motorized unit with magnets, no screwing or unscrewing.

I haven't bought one myself yet, since my friend lives so close to me  :D

Loki57

« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2019, 06:03 pm »
I bought my tank on Amazon and the record spiner at cleaner vinyl. I can clean 12 records at a time.

simoon

« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2019, 07:01 pm »
I bought my tank on Amazon and the record spiner at cleaner vinyl. I can clean 12 records at a time.

Problem is, if the records are not at least 1 inch apart, there isn't enough room for proper cavitation. Cleaning isn't as effective.

Loki57

« Reply #5 on: 18 Nov 2019, 07:30 pm »
You can use the spacers to achieve 1inch between records. Obviously you can't clean 12 at a time then.

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
« Reply #6 on: 19 Nov 2019, 04:03 pm »
Thanks so much everyone. :)