Bryston BDP-1 Sneak Peak for Audiocircle

drsoji

Re: Bryston BDP-1 Sneak Peak for Audiocircle
« Reply #380 on: 7 Nov 2010, 03:16 pm »
Hi James,

I placed an order for the BDP-1 with my audio dealer about 2mths ago, so am hopefully near the head of the queue in oz.

Do you know when Australia is likely to receive its initial shipment?

Regards,

Scott

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #381 on: 7 Nov 2010, 03:17 pm »
Hi James,

I placed an order for the BDP-1 with my audio dealer about 2mths ago, so am hopefully near the head of the queue in oz.

Do you know when Australia is likely to receive its initial shipment?

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

I believe some are on the way sir.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #382 on: 7 Nov 2010, 03:26 pm »
Sent: November-06-10 8:26 PM
To: James Tanner
Subject: Update from AES

Hi james,

I went to a seminar today at AES in San Fran on the current state of High Resolution Computer Audio. The panel was impressive, featuring leading figures in digital audio from DTS, Lynx, DCS and Weiss.

They all spoke very well. I came away convinced that audio from a computer is still very much a a major headache.

But I also came away even more convinced that the Bryston BDP-1 is exactly right for today's current state of affairs. Perfect in fact. I look forward to talking more with you about it soon.

David

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #383 on: 7 Nov 2010, 07:44 pm »
...check out Bryston's website, guys!!! :thumb:

al.

BrysTony

« Reply #384 on: 7 Nov 2010, 07:55 pm »
James,
In an earlier post I understood you to say that the BDP-1 could have either blue or green LEDs.  Is that something that must be declared at original order or is it changed during setup - perhaps with a remote control code?
Tony

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #385 on: 7 Nov 2010, 08:01 pm »
James,
In an earlier post I understood you to say that the BDP-1 could have either blue or green LEDs.  Is that something that must be declared at original order or is it changed during setup - perhaps with a remote control code?
Tony

It has to be ordered with either green or blue.

james

Gary L

« Reply #386 on: 8 Nov 2010, 09:14 pm »
I received my Bryston BDP-1 on Friday. Any concerns I might have had regarding installation of this product were quickly put to rest. It took me all of about 30 minutes to get the player up and running.

The first thing you notice when unpacking the player is the included Bryston flash drive (loaded with some Chesky hi rez audio files) and the unBryston like Owner’s Manual.

Very nice touches!

I have been listening to digital audio files for some time now having purchased an Olive 04HD Music Server about a year ago. I was anxious to see (or hear) how the Bryston BDP-1 stacked up against the Olive player. Since inception I have used the Olive player with my Bryston BDA-1, so if the players sound different, it’s not due to the digital-to-analog conversion. However, I have always used the Olive player to rip FLAC files from my CDs. For the Bryston, I used the dBpoweramp CD Ripper. For those not familiar with the dBpoweramp CD Ripper, I highly recommend it. Very impressive software.

I don’t really understand Music Player Daemon (MPD) and its related applications. Sounds overly complicated to me. However, the Bryston web apps are easy to understand and use. I installed the Bryston-MINI app on my iPhone and the Bryston-MAX app on my iPad.

I doubt anyone will have any problems understanding how to use these apps.

So how did the Bryston BDP-1 compare to the Olive 04HD? Although I have never been completely satisfied with the Olive player, I have always felt it sounded better than any CD player I had heard, including unfortunately my Bryston BCD-1.

It was obvious to me after listening to just one track that the Bryston BDP-1 had a much richer and more full-bodied sound. Heightened detail and resolution give the Bryston player a more transparent and focused sound. I can honestly say that I am very pleased with this purchase and I highly recommend it to others.

Associated equipment used to make comparisons: Bryston BDA-1 DAC, Bryston SP-2 preamp, Bryston 28B-SSTr2 amps, Revel Ultima Studio2 speakers, Shunyata Hydra V-Ray II & Model 2 power conditioners, Shunyata Python CX power cables, Kimber Select KS 2120 AES-EBU digital cable, Kimber Select KS 1016 & 1116 interconnects, Kimber BiFocal XL speaker cables, Finite Elemente Pagode Master Reference rack and amp stands.

VOLKS

« Reply #387 on: 8 Nov 2010, 11:23 pm »
I received my Bryston BDP-1 on Friday. Any concerns I might have had regarding installation of this product were quickly put to rest. It took me all of about 30 minutes to get the player up and running.

The first thing you notice when unpacking the player is the included Bryston flash drive (loaded with some Chesky hi rez audio files) and the unBryston like Owner’s Manual.

Very nice touches!

I have been listening to digital audio files for some time now having purchased an Olive 04HD Music Server about a year ago. I was anxious to see (or hear) how the Bryston BDP-1 stacked up against the Olive player. Since inception I have used the Olive player with my Bryston BDA-1, so if the players sound different, it’s not due to the digital-to-analog conversion. However, I have always used the Olive player to rip FLAC files from my CDs. For the Bryston, I used the dBpoweramp CD Ripper. For those not familiar with the dBpoweramp CD Ripper, I highly recommend it. Very impressive software.

I don’t really understand Music Player Daemon (MPD) and its related applications. Sounds overly complicated to me. However, the Bryston web apps are easy to understand and use. I installed the Bryston-MINI app on my iPhone and the Bryston-MAX app on my iPad.

I doubt anyone will have any problems understanding how to use these apps.

So how did the Bryston BDP-1 compare to the Olive 04HD? Although I have never been completely satisfied with the Olive player, I have always felt it sounded better than any CD player I had heard, including unfortunately my Bryston BCD-1.

It was obvious to me after listening to just one track that the Bryston BDP-1 had a much richer and more full-bodied sound. Heightened detail and resolution give the Bryston player a more transparent and focused sound. I can honestly say that I am very pleased with this purchase and I highly recommend it to others.

Associated equipment used to make comparisons: Bryston BDA-1 DAC, Bryston SP-2 preamp, Bryston 28B-SSTr2 amps, Revel Ultima Studio2 speakers, Shunyata Hydra V-Ray II & Model 2 power conditioners, Shunyata Python CX power cables, Kimber Select KS 2120 AES-EBU digital cable, Kimber Select KS 1016 & 1116 interconnects, Kimber BiFocal XL speaker cables, Finite Elemente Pagode Master Reference rack and amp stands.

Very nice setup....I admire your speakers.

srb

« Reply #388 on: 8 Nov 2010, 11:34 pm »
Why is it necessary to quote and re-post all of the photos of the previous post just to say "nice setup"?

GaryL - nice setup.

Steve

alexone

« Reply #389 on: 9 Nov 2010, 06:47 am »
congrats on your new BDA-1, Gary!

al.

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #390 on: 9 Nov 2010, 10:34 am »
Why is it necessary to quote and re-post all of the photos of the previous post just to say "nice setup"?

+1

GaryL - nice setup.

+1 too.
you have succeeded in making many of us jealous.

larevoj

« Reply #391 on: 9 Nov 2010, 01:06 pm »
Bravo Gary L  :thumb:

You make us all  :drool:

OgOgilby

« Reply #392 on: 9 Nov 2010, 02:05 pm »
Congrats on the BDP-1 Gary and thanks for the review.  Nice system :thumb:

James - shouldn't reviews of the BDP-1 be moved into a new BDP-1 thread instead of the "Sneak Peak" thread since the BDP-1 is available now?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #393 on: 9 Nov 2010, 05:59 pm »
Congrats on the BDP-1 Gary and thanks for the review.  Nice system :thumb:

James - shouldn't reviews of the BDP-1 be moved into a new BDP-1 thread instead of the "Sneak Peak" thread since the BDP-1 is available now?

Yes good idea - I will start a new thread.

james

werd

« Reply #394 on: 9 Nov 2010, 06:06 pm »
So are we a go here now on the BDP1?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #395 on: 9 Nov 2010, 06:10 pm »
So are we a go here now on the BDP1?

Hi Lorne - you mean are we shipping units?

james

werd

« Reply #396 on: 9 Nov 2010, 06:11 pm »
Hi Lorne - you mean are we shipping units?

james

Yes is it a finished product? Are we done here now for the wait? can i go down and listen to one at Puls?. That kind of thing

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #397 on: 9 Nov 2010, 06:20 pm »
Yes is it a finished product? Are we done here now for the wait? can i go down and listen to one at Puls?. That kind of thing

Yes we have shipped about 40 units (over 100 still on backorder) but depending on when it was ordered you may or may not find one at your local store.

james

VOLKS

« Reply #398 on: 9 Nov 2010, 06:59 pm »

GaryL - nice setup.

Steve

Geez....sorry you have to scroll your mouse a little more.....i certainly wont make that massive error again...... :green: lol

alexone

« Reply #399 on: 15 Nov 2010, 08:01 am »
James,

is it easy to take off a 19" faceplate of a BDP-1? can it be done by the customer?

are the 17" and 19" faceplates of the same thickness?

al.