Bogus Tweaks 2

medium jim

Re: Bogus Tweaks 2
« Reply #60 on: 20 Dec 2012, 01:40 am »
I would really be interested in the Cryo CD test as well....maybe they should be sent in a true double blind test, e.g., one marked A and the other B and the participants do not know which is which, non-cryo or cyro. 

Thanks,
Jim

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
« Reply #61 on: 20 Dec 2012, 02:29 am »
I would really be interested in the Cryo CD test as well....maybe they should be sent in a true double blind test, e.g., one marked A and the other B and the participants do not know which is which, non-cryo or cyro. 

Thanks,
Jim

That is exactly how it's being done - blind. The participants only know that one is A and the other is B. We will have no idea which has been cryo treated - only Dave and the control (after his evaluation) will know. Dave is setting this up judiciously. That's what attracted me to the exercise. No data is to be revealed until everyone in the test group has performed his/her evaluation. This should be interesting and useful.

Actually, there might be utility in adding a third CD to the test set. The third CD can either be treated or not - nobody outside of Dave (and the control (after his evaluation)) would know. Yes, this adds to the cost, but it would also add to the validity of the data. As the test is proposed, it is an A/B comparison where it is known that A & B are different. Adding the unknown C means that two will be the same, but nobody will know which two. Ergo, it ceases to be a simple A/B analysis and the analyses can be further validated by the correct identification of which two are the same (assuming a difference is noted between one and the other two). It's just a thought.

medium jim

« Reply #62 on: 20 Dec 2012, 02:44 am »
That is exactly how it's being done - blind. The participants only know that one is A and the other is B. We will have no idea which has been cryo treated - only Dave and the control (after his evaluation) will know. Dave is setting this up judiciously. That's what attracted me to the exercise. No data is to be revealed until everyone in the test group has performed his/her evaluation. This should be interesting and useful.

Well, if that is the protocol, I do want to be involved and one of the reviewers.

Jim

jimdgoulding

« Reply #63 on: 20 Dec 2012, 02:46 am »
Interesting, Dave.  I'd like to see a blind test survey on electrical conductors.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #64 on: 20 Dec 2012, 05:26 am »

Actually, there might be utility in adding a third CD to the test set. The third CD can either be treated or not - nobody outside of Dave (and the control (after his evaluation)) would know. Yes, this adds to the cost, but it would also add to the validity of the data. As the test is proposed, it is an A/B comparison where it is known that A & B are different. Adding the unknown C means that two will be the same, but nobody will know which two. Ergo, it ceases to be a simple A/B analysis and the analyses can be further validated by the correct identification of which two are the same (assuming a difference is noted between one and the other two). It's just a thought.
OK, three it is.

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #65 on: 20 Dec 2012, 05:29 am »
Interesting, Dave.  I'd like to see a blind test survey on electrical conductors.
It's on.  Here you go: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=112478.msg1167603#msg1167603

I'll be sending these out after the first of the year.

Dave

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
« Reply #66 on: 20 Dec 2012, 06:01 am »
OK, three it is.

Dave

Awesome  :thumb:

Adding the unknown 3rd element drastically alters the conditions of the test and adds a control to the actual data set. This is shaping up to be a very refined evaluation. I won't suggest anything else about this one. :lol: 

dflee

« Reply #67 on: 20 Dec 2012, 04:16 pm »
Hey guys
I'd be interested in joining the test if possible.

Don

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #68 on: 20 Dec 2012, 04:37 pm »
Hey guys
I'd be interested in joining the test if possible.

Don
Don, I'll be happy to add you.  The more players, the larger the sample and the higher the accuracy and less..... well, you know.  :thumb:

Dave

SoCalWJS

« Reply #69 on: 20 Dec 2012, 04:52 pm »
Hey! Good stuff!

I've got the old version - any chance it could be the "Discovery" version? I've been meaning to give that one a try.  :thumb:
Bump for last post of previous page  :green:

Dave, if this is the disc that gets chosen, make sure you get the same version as there are a couple of (at least) different masterings.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #70 on: 20 Dec 2012, 04:55 pm »
Bump for last post of previous page  :green:

Dave, if this is the disc that gets chosen, make sure you get the same version as there are a couple of (at least) different masterings.
Yeah, I know.  I'll get 3 of the best ones I can find.  I'll get one in the end you know.

Dave

dflee

« Reply #71 on: 20 Dec 2012, 05:18 pm »
Thanks Dave.
Didn't have all the proper decorum for the holiday ya named but got what I had out of the attic and hung up. Good to see everyone else has so far.

Don

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #72 on: 20 Dec 2012, 05:22 pm »
Thanks Dave.
Didn't have all the proper decorum for the holiday ya named but got what I had out of the attic and hung up. Good to see everyone else has so far.

Don
:thumb:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #73 on: 20 Dec 2012, 05:39 pm »
OK, guys.  I just talked to Stelly at Acoustic Sounds and I have 3 of them coming.  Acoustic Sounds always has the best of the best in vinyl and CD's so I'm sure these are the best masters.  As soon as I get them I'll dunk one and send it to John and we'll get this traveling road show going.

Dave

SoCalWJS

« Reply #74 on: 20 Dec 2012, 05:59 pm »
OK, guys.  I just talked to Stelly at Acoustic Sounds and I have 3 of them coming.  Acoustic Sounds always has the best of the best in vinyl and CD's so I'm sure these are the best masters.  As soon as I get them I'll dunk one and send it to John and we'll get this traveling road show going.

Dave

....or maybe two...????

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #75 on: 20 Dec 2012, 06:01 pm »
....or maybe two...????
Only the Shadow knows............. :lol:

Dave

medium jim

« Reply #76 on: 20 Dec 2012, 06:12 pm »
Remind me to have some "Dunkin" Donuts when it is my turn :lol:

Jim

dflee

« Reply #77 on: 20 Dec 2012, 08:49 pm »
Jim:
In my geo we have Krispy Kream But we could make Cryo Kreams for ya.

medium jim

« Reply #78 on: 20 Dec 2012, 09:20 pm »
Jim:
In my geo we have Krispy Kream But we could make Cryo Kreams for ya.

Sir, that would be Blasphemy,LOL!

Jim

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #79 on: 21 Dec 2012, 12:22 am »
OK, guys.  I just got my invoice and tracker on the three copies of "DIVISION BELL" from Stelly.  They should be here on the 27th and I'll get the cryo going on one, two or nine of them as soon as they land.  At that time I will publish a participants list and get all of the addresses so we can get this "Magical Mystery Tour"  (uh- oh... different music) going.  We'll all learn something from this, so......................

Dave