3 down, 2 to go

Bert

• http://www.mahieu.org
3 down, 2 to go
« on: 31 Dec 2004, 12:26 pm »
I finaly managed to encourage my friend to make the engravements in the frontpanels for my AKSA amplifiers.
The result of our work can be seen here:

The 2 items still to go are the knobs for volume and channel selection on my GK1. The GK1 is still far from complete because I still have to make all the internal shielding for the transformers and signalpaths.

Now my amps are beginning to look as good as they sound!

soitstarts

3 down, 2 to go
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2004, 02:35 pm »
Sure is a Nice matching set. We had an engraving stencil when I was an apprentice that could achieve the same results. Probarbly been thrown in the bin some years back :?
I am going to approach the local High school when it opens up agai to see if I can do some screenprinting.

Malcolm Fear

3 down, 2 to go
« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2004, 09:12 pm »
Very nice engraving.
My AKSA gear looks similar (but no engraving). I have been thinking about using water slide decals. I have a friend who makes decals for a living.

http://members.optushome.com.au/pattosplace/

He can make a sheet of decals in full colour quite cheaply (around $10 a sheet). You give him a design, he prints a sheet of decals. He mainly works in slot cars, but makes decals for our arrows (I am into target archery). I was thinking of two AKSA logos, four On/Off decals, a Volume label and an input selector label.

Lost81

3 down, 2 to go
« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2004, 11:05 pm »
Very nice, Bert!  :o

It is reminescent of some of the stuff put up by Pass Labs.

-Lost81

AKSA

3 down, 2 to go
« Reply #4 on: 1 Jan 2005, 12:38 am »
Hi Bert,

Beautiful work!!

There are moments when I can't believe the quality of the work of some of you guys;  just wonderful.  I know precisely how much work is involved in achieving the cosmetics, and I take my hat off to all of you.

Happy New Year!!

Cheers,

Hugh

Rhythm Willie

3 down, 2 to go
« Reply #5 on: 1 Jan 2005, 12:42 am »
Nice work,

I have a client who runs an engraving business - he uses computerised engravers - quite quick to set up and do a few panels.

I got him, some time ago to to engrave a number of stainless steel recessed plates on some 2 box/triwired speakers I had made.Looked real professional.

I have another client(I'm in the lending field) who has a computerised sand blasting machine - can be used to give an etched design/wording on glass,metal etc - could be nice to put the Aksa logo on light coloured anodised aluminium panels/lids etc.

soitstarts

3 down, 2 to go
« Reply #6 on: 1 Jan 2005, 04:06 am »
Thanks for the lead Malcolm. I've come across the site before as I collect Die cast cars. I didnt even think to see if he could do some customs. I think I'll give him a tap after the 9th..

Martin.

soitstarts

3 down, 2 to go
« Reply #7 on: 1 Jan 2005, 04:15 am »
Quote from: Rhythm Willie

I have another client(I'm in the lending field) who has a computerised sand blasting machine - can be used to give an etched design/wording on glass,metal etc - could be nice to put the Aksa logo on light coloured anodised aluminium panels/lids etc.

Ohhh. I tried to make some badges for my speakers and made some templates from electrical tape and sandblasted (etched) the logo onto the back of glass. I couldn't replicate it 3 times but it looked just as I wanted it. I was going to chase some one up to engrave it into the glass next time I was in Perth. This thread is becoming real useful to me..
Hmmm. How did people find out things before the internet came along?

Any contact details Rythm? please..
Martin.

Martin

3 down, 2 to go
« Reply #8 on: 1 Jan 2005, 03:47 pm »
I worked in the signage industry for a number of years
and most of the larger companies have computerized routers
plus just about any font you could want.
They can also computer cut rubber frisket for sand blasting.
...clink, clink

Martin