Improve Your Hearing...

Wind Chaser

Improve Your Hearing...
« on: 13 Jan 2011, 03:07 am »
That's one of the claims made about Rhodiola.  But how so and to what extent? 

Been taking it for a few weeks now, so we shall see.  Early impressions are it may have increased my sensitivity and mitigated some of my tinnitus, but I could be wrong.

giantsteps

Re: Improve Your Hearing...
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2011, 04:14 am »

I go every 3/4 months to my primary doctor and she removes the wax in my ears. Also it helps to put such "artists" like Bruce Springsteen on the back burner. Oh my God, does he ever suck, big time

Frank

Wind Chaser

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2011, 04:59 am »
I've never understood all the fuss about the "boss" either.

ctviggen

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2011, 11:23 am »
I think a lot of his early stuff was good, like the recently released double album set of all older material.  Some of the newer stuff (like Magic) is trash, in my opinion. 

ebag4

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2011, 02:27 pm »
Also it helps to put such "artists" like Bruce Springsteen on the back burner. Oh my God, does he ever suck, big time
I've never understood all the fuss about the "boss" either.

Don't be disparaging the Boss boys! :wink:

I won't be putting Bruce on the back burner as he brings one of the things I love about music, emotion.

Best,
Ed

nathanm

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2011, 03:24 pm »
I take Rhodiola with cola before listening to Al Di Meola.

giantsteps

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2011, 04:00 pm »
I take Rhodiola with cola before listening to Al Di Meola.

Do you take it for stress issues? If you listen to the "boss" .......I understand.

Frank

giantsteps

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2011, 04:03 pm »
Don't be disparaging the Boss boys! :wink:

I won't be putting Bruce on the back burner as he brings one of the things I love about music, emotion.

Best,
Ed

All artists and Earth People have/show emotion.

Frank

Levi

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jan 2011, 04:37 pm »
Go team Geritol! 

I go every 3/4 months to my primary doctor and she removes the wax in my ears. Also it helps to put such "artists" like Bruce Springsteen on the back burner. Oh my God, does he ever suck, big time

Frank

Larkston Zinaspic

« Reply #9 on: 13 Jan 2011, 08:57 pm »

Been taking it for a few weeks now, so we shall see.  Early impressions are it may have increased my sensitivity and mitigated some of my tinnitus, but I could be wrong.

I take a lot of supplements already, but I'm curious....Have you found a particular source and dosage that works well for you?

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #10 on: 13 Jan 2011, 09:03 pm »

I might try this.  I read that it is good for low energy and mild depression as well.  I'm very susceptible to the placebo effect so at least I'll get a two week boost... :D

giantsteps

« Reply #11 on: 13 Jan 2011, 09:09 pm »
Go team Geritol! 

Hey Levi! How are you doing? I'm ok...living on the state of the art edge.

Frank

TheChairGuy

« Reply #12 on: 13 Jan 2011, 09:11 pm »
Go team Geritol! 

teehee. :thumb:

Keeping to correct and proper weight, not being on any prescription drugs and getting spine aligned (originally by Chiropractor, and now quite better by Traditional Thai Massage more recently) are the three keys I attribute to keeping good hearing (for my age of 48)

In fact, my 7yo tests me by whispering something and asking if I can hear it - while she's in another room or far away.  Most times, I hear it clearly and repeat back to her and she's pretty surprised her old Dad can hear like he does.

Hey, some of it is genetic, too, I'm sure.  I have bad teeth (thanks Dad :(), but good ears :)

No matter what you do you're in a race with time and time's gonna' get the best of you in the end.  One can only delay the loss, not end it outright.

John

EDIT: No smoking either - a known quantity that causes hearing loss.
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2011, 11:59 pm by TheChairGuy »

Wind Chaser

« Reply #13 on: 13 Jan 2011, 09:45 pm »
I take a lot of supplements already, but I'm curious....Have you found a particular source and dosage that works well for you?

I've been taking it for three weeks now so it's a little premature, but either I'm deluded or I'm experiencing a greater auditory awareness.  Just taking one 30mg capsule a day from a company called Natural Factors.

Mitsuman

• Diamond Tone Junkie
« Reply #14 on: 13 Jan 2011, 09:58 pm »

I can only find 250mg, 300mg and 500mg.

TONEPUB

« Reply #15 on: 13 Jan 2011, 11:08 pm »
John, I think you are really on to something, not being on any meds.....

Same here.