Civil War

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Civil War
« on: 13 Apr 2024, 12:11 am »
Holy effing mackerel.  What a ride.  No spoilers here if I can help it, but an edge of your seat thrill ride indy film from A24.  Extremely well cast and acted with Kristen Dunst in the lead.  There's no real politics in the movie, some hinted at, but only ancindilary.  You know from the preview and the first thirty seconds of the movie that a California Texas alliance is leading the secession.   This effectively nullifies the current right left issues in our current world for the movie.  You also find out it's a road trip movie in the first couple of scenes, which gives our heroes a chance to look at a cross section of America, as wonderful and beautiful and terrible and terrorizing as it can be.  I've traveled extensively in the areas used as the back drop for the film and it was interesting to see places I recognize.  Highly recommended, don't miss it.

AllanS

Re: Civil War
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2024, 05:00 am »
I didn't read past your second line... I'll come back to it after we've seen the movie but we've been very impressed with the movies coming out of A24.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2024, 09:17 am »
The previews before the movie were heavily weighted toward A24 films and they all looked great.  I don't watch horror films, but even their entry in that genre looked interesting.

Randy

« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2024, 05:00 pm »
What are "A24" films?

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2024, 10:02 pm »
What are "A24" films?

An independent production company.  Didn't know much about them myself, but they appear to be making a splash.  Lots of well regarded movies from them.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2024, 11:14 pm »
Some of the best movies of the last decade have been A24 movies.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #6 on: 14 Apr 2024, 09:43 am »
Some of the best movies of the last decade have been A24 movies.

Everything Everywhere All at Once comes to mind.