Solo Piano/Other Recordings Played thru Omega Speakers

4Musica

Re: Solo Piano/Other Recordings Played thru Omega Speakers
« Reply #20 on: 1 Jan 2011, 04:11 pm »
Wow! I got a copy and it will go alongside Jordi Savall's many recordings in my collection. Sounds great on my Super 5's with SET amplification! So many small details in the playing rendered perfectly.

Thanks for the recommendation & Cheers in the New Year........ Hank

Hello Hank,

That is great that you are enjoying the Hille Perl CD.  She is an extraordinary musician.  I am embarrassed to admit I have not heard of Jordi Savalli; obviously one to check out if his musicianship is on par with Perl.

Happy Listening in a Happy New Year!

Steven

fdiaz

• EarHead Audio, LLC
« Reply #21 on: 1 Jan 2011, 05:14 pm »
We're going off-topic here, folks, but in a good way:

Battaglie & Lamenti - Montserrat Figueras - Hesperion XXI - Jordi Savall - Alia Vox AV9815

Bach - the six [cello] suites - Paolo Pandolfo, viola da gamba - Glossa GCD 920405

4Musica

« Reply #22 on: 2 Jan 2011, 03:36 am »
We're going off-topic here, folks, but in a good way:

Battaglie & Lamenti - Montserrat Figueras - Hesperion XXI - Jordi Savall - Alia Vox AV9815

Bach - the six [cello] suites - Paolo Pandolfo, viola da gamba - Glossa GCD 920405

Frank - No such thing as off-topic if the music is played through Omegas and the listener loves what he/she is hearing!  Case in point, I have been listening today to a lot of vinyl on my reference system.  But now, I am about to begin listening to those same recordings on my Omega-based system.  This is always such a revelation to me, given the huge disparity in cost of these two systems.  Tonight's first offering is an LP of JS Bach works - 3 sonatas for viola da gamba and cembalo, performed by Marcal Cervera and Rafael Puyana.  Another one of my desert island favorites.  From Philips Living Baroque series - 9502-003.  Highly recommended!

Happy Listening!

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #23 on: 7 Jan 2011, 06:02 am »
Here is one solo piano recommendation; I have it on CD but it might also be available on vinyl.  "109" featuring pianist Jackson Berkey performing works of Beethoven (opus 109, hence the title), Scriabin, and Debussy.  Berkey's phrasing and expression are to be treasured.  American Grammaphone AGCD 381.
Happy Listening, everyone!

Steven
Steven,
Thanks for the recommendation of Jackson Berkey.  I just finished listening and it is beautifully recorded and stunningly real.  I haven't heard of American Grammaphone before- are the rest this good?

Scott

4Musica

« Reply #24 on: 7 Jan 2011, 01:55 pm »
Steven,
Thanks for the recommendation of Jackson Berkey.  I just finished listening and it is beautifully recorded and stunningly real.  I haven't heard of American Grammaphone before- are the rest this good?

Scott

Scott,

Glad to hear you are enjoying Berkey's 109 (with apologies to Beethoven!).  I have many American Grammaphone recordings, mostly CDs but some vinyl.  They are all excellent recordings of very talented musicians.

Happy Listening!

Steven