Integrated amp/2 ch receiver

witchdoctor

Re: Integrated amp/2 ch receiver
« Reply #20 on: 9 Dec 2019, 05:20 pm »
This Onkyo 8140 is on sale from onkyo's website. I have been amazed at the bang for the buck of my RZ630 receiver and my DPX1 DAP:

https://www.onkyousa.com/product/tx-8140-2/

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #21 on: 10 Dec 2019, 12:08 pm »
The Klipsch Powergate arrived yesterday and setup was a breeze. So far have only used bluetooth and it syncs up fairly easily and got the wife using it within seconds. Have it hooked up to a pair of Gallo Acoustic bookshelves and the sound is really good! Did not realize when I ordered it that it can also be used as a preamp with a pair of analog outs to go to a separate amp which is pretty damn cool for something in this price range. Will be trying it with a couple different amps I got in the stable. Got a cheap 12" sub coming today to try and blend in with the setup so looking forward to that. So far so good!

Thanks Chris for the suggestion!

Stercom

« Reply #22 on: 10 Dec 2019, 02:05 pm »
Any of the Yamaha network ready receivers are excellent. They sound very nice and have built-in streaming for Tidal, etc.

R-N303
R-N602
R-N803 (lots of good professional reviews)

https://www.crutchfield.com/g_356350/Stereo-Receivers.html?tp=47041

witchdoctor

« Reply #23 on: 10 Dec 2019, 05:29 pm »
The Klipsch Powergate arrived yesterday and setup was a breeze. So far have only used bluetooth and it syncs up fairly easily and got the wife using it within seconds. Have it hooked up to a pair of Gallo Acoustic bookshelves and the sound is really good! Did not realize when I ordered it that it can also be used as a preamp with a pair of analog outs to go to a separate amp which is pretty damn cool for something in this price range. Will be trying it with a couple different amps I got in the stable. Got a cheap 12" sub coming today to try and blend in with the setup so looking forward to that. So far so good!

Thanks Chris for the suggestion!

I have a Powergate as well. Remember when you stream using the playfi software to use "critical listening" mode to stream hi rez. Amazon HD sounds great this way. There is also a button on the remote to dial your sub in with, have fun!

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #24 on: 10 Dec 2019, 07:13 pm »
I have a Powergate as well. Remember when you stream using the playfi software to use "critical listening" mode to stream hi rez. Amazon HD sounds great this way. There is also a button on the remote to dial your sub in with, have fun!

Nice, thank you!

saggy

« Reply #25 on: 5 Jan 2020, 02:05 pm »
Based on what the OP mentioned about how the unit would be used, this genre seems like the most logical way to go.  Any update on what was finally settled on and how it's doing?

Any of the Yamaha network ready receivers are excellent. They sound very nice and have built-in streaming for Tidal, etc.

R-N303
R-N602
R-N803 (lots of good professional reviews)

https://www.crutchfield.com/g_356350/Stereo-Receivers.html?tp=47041

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #26 on: 5 Jan 2020, 10:57 pm »
I’ve been using the Klipsch Powergate for the last few weeks and it fits the bill quite nicely. The Klipsch app makes it easy for the wife to access her streaming services and I’ve used it to play Qobuz and Tidal and it sounds great. While the built in amp is good I like to use the Powergate as a separate preamp and hook it up to a Burson Bang Classic and the combo sounds really good thru my Gallo Classico CL-1 speakers. I got the Powergate when it was $150 off amazon and the Burson Bang from Parts Connexion for let’s than $300 and I’m more than satisfied.

Stercom

« Reply #27 on: 5 Jan 2020, 11:28 pm »
I’ve been using the Klipsch Powergate for the last few weeks and it fits the bill quite nicely. The Klipsch app makes it easy for the wife to access her streaming services and I’ve used it to play Qobuz and Tidal and it sounds great. While the built in amp is good I like to use the Powergate as a separate preamp and hook it up to a Burson Bang Classic and the combo sounds really good thru my Gallo Classico CL-1 speakers. I got the Powergate when it was $150 off amazon and the Burson Bang from Parts Connexion for let’s than $300 and I’m more than satisfied.
:thumb: the Powergate seems like a GREAT deal!

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #28 on: 5 Jan 2020, 11:35 pm »

Tommy,

Thanks for the feedback. [Special high five  :thumb: to ccklone for bring this to everyone's attention!] Now that I've got more free time, I actually took a serious look at this unit yesterday. This may fit the bill for a project of mine in which I would like to gift my sister-in-law and her hubby an amp and small speakers to hook up to their TV or to stream Spotify. Neither has the slightest inclination toward chasing audiophile quality. An alternative is a pair of powered speakers with DAC included. I'm still searching for the best solution for them.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #29 on: 5 Jan 2020, 11:47 pm »
Michael-

After I placed the order I remember seeing dac’s with WiFi/Bluetooth and volume control too which would be great if you already have a stellar amp laying around. Can’t think of what brands they were atm.

The Yamaha wxc-50 looks cool too.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-lr6dkmjweEv/p_022WXC50DS/Yamaha-WXC-50.html?XVINQ=GLX&awkw=199642468585&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=102161570425&awdv=t&awug=9030070&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImYbiutLt5gIVER6tBh2JpQK6EAQYBCABEgLohvD_BwE