My daughter will be singing in La Boheme!

woodsyi

• Facilitator
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
My daughter will be singing in La Boheme!
« on: 16 Mar 2010, 03:03 pm »
Alright,

It's just a local university production and my 7 year old will be one of the children following around the Parpignol in the beginning scene of Act II in La Boheme.

But she is all excited and learning sheet music of the whole opening sequence.  She wants to see the La Boheme movie, which I have in Blu Ray, and see what her role would be.  She also wants me to play all the different recordings I have.   :D It's a pretty tight rehearsal schedule (after school past her normal bed time) but she wants to do it.  I think it's wonderful.  We took her to a children's special (only 1 act with narration and explanation) Falstaff last year and she liked it but I thinks this is better.   She will always remember La boheme with special memory.  :thumb: 
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2010, 08:26 pm by woodsyi »

rpf

Re: My daughter will be sing in La Boheme!
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2010, 03:10 pm »
That is so cool!  Congrats!   :thumb:

jimdgoulding

Re: My daughter will be sing in La Boheme!
« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2010, 03:53 pm »
I feel ya, Wood,  That's precious.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Re: My daughter will be singing in La Boheme!
« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2010, 04:19 pm »
Priceless. Enjoy every moment.

charles

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2010, 04:29 pm »
Life just doesn't get much better than good times with your kids.  Thanks for sharing and enjoy.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2010, 05:01 pm »
That's great! I have seen this one - my friend was in the opera chorus.

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #6 on: 16 Mar 2010, 08:34 pm »
Alright,

It's just a local university production and my 7 year old will be one of the children following around the Parpignol in the beginning scene of Act II in La Boheme.

But she is all excited and learning sheet music of the whole opening sequence.  She wants to see the La Boheme movie, which I have in Blu Ray, and see what her role would be.  She also wants me to play all the different recordings I have.   :D It's a pretty tight rehearsal schedule (after school past her normal bed time) but she wants to do it.  I think it's wonderful.  We took her to a children's special (only 1 act with narration and explanation) Falstaff last year and she liked it but I thinks this is better.   She will always remember La boheme with special memory.  :thumb:

I think she's just a romantic gal, when instead of wanting to be in Zauberflote, or Hansel & Gretel...... she's leaning toward Boheme. Wonderful.  :thumb:

mfsoa

« Reply #7 on: 16 Mar 2010, 09:38 pm »
Ahh, the great Boheme Rhapsody

"Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening me"

Best of luck to her and your fam!
 :thumb:

-Mike

woodsyi

• Facilitator
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #8 on: 26 Mar 2010, 01:54 pm »
Tonight is the first night.  I am getting out my camera with extra battery and CF card.