UPS just dropped off a package?

KnowTalent

• ...stuck in the middle with you
UPS just dropped off a package?
« on: 24 Feb 2009, 10:13 pm »
It's the NAD M5 SACD/CD Player! 

Sturdy build, shielded transport, XLR outs, separate digital/analog power supplies, decodes HDCD & 5 year warranty :thumb:

with a 30 day trial period for full refund I figure I can't go wrong  aa

I'll have to share some live Electric Masada with the neighbors tonite!!!

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: UPS just dropped off a package?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2009, 10:36 pm »
"NICE"!  aa
When can I borrow it?

That is actually a nice looking unit there, cool stuff!

Bob

KnowTalent

« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2009, 08:21 pm »
Just posted a brief review of last nites listening over in the source components section

KnowTalent

« Reply #3 on: 26 Feb 2009, 11:02 pm »
Since the M5 has only one PCM1794 DAC and no upsampling I'm thinking about demo'ing the new Bryston BDA-1 DAC.
With synchronous upsampling to 176Hz and dual CS4398 DACs it should lift some of the background haze :thumb:
Just picked up a Kimber Orchid AES cable on agon should I decide to proceed.

KnowTalent

« Reply #4 on: 3 Mar 2009, 07:47 pm »
The UPS dude brought me another package today  aa

time to crank a little old-school amboy dukes tonite!!!

gixxerific

« Reply #5 on: 29 Mar 2009, 01:11 am »
Congrats on all the nice goodies.

Do me a favor next time the UPS guy comes buy your house could you ask him to come by mine as well, thanks.

Scott F.

« Reply #6 on: 29 Mar 2009, 02:11 am »

Ahhhhh...my very first concert. Sweaty Teddy and the Amboy Dukes. It was 1973 and I got to see Ted do Pappa's Will and Journey to the Center of the Mind. They were performing off the back of a 40' flat bed trailer at a motocross track in St Peters (the old Cycle World USA where I used to ride).

electricbear

« Reply #7 on: 29 Mar 2009, 02:16 am »
I just picked me up some toys too. An Electrocompaniet AW220 power amp and a Lector CDP7TL cd player. There will be some rockin at the bears den tonight.

Scott F.

« Reply #8 on: 29 Mar 2009, 02:22 am »
I just picked me up some toys too. An Electrocompaniet AW220 power amp and a Lector CDP7TL cd player. There will be some rockin at the bears den tonight.

Party at Tim's  :thumb:  :lol:

BPT

• Industry Participant
  • Balanced Power Technologies
« Reply #9 on: 30 Mar 2009, 02:46 pm »
Tim:
Congrats on the AW220 as I know you had been wanting an Electrocompanient amp. So, when's the party? :banana piano:
Chris H.

KnowTalent

« Reply #10 on: 7 Apr 2009, 08:29 pm »

Congrats Tim....  don't forget the MBL stuff  :thumb:  :green:

I'm in cash-accumulation mode for the next few months (if I could just STOP buying CDs... :duh:) and am looking at the Ayre CX-5e MP next.
It has HEFTY dual power supplies with double regulation (...double secret probation???), bitch'n discrete analog output stage and what I feel to be the most important improvement to digital these days...DSP filtering...using a method providing results similar to what Meridian gets from their new 808.2.
Looking at the latest Stereophool, the post-ringing measurements on the Meridian are actually larger than what Ayre shows in their White Paper >>>
http://www.ayre.com/pdf/Ayre_MP_White_Paper.pdf
The cats over on the meridian-unplugged forum are naysaying the possibility Ayre has outdone Meridian and I'll hold off judgement until JA measures WPs upgraded model.

I'll be in touch on the big screen...and I also just got a japanese import of Sun Ra's "COSMOS" so I'll drop by sometime and let you listen

KnowTalent

« Reply #11 on: 7 Apr 2009, 08:33 pm »
Congrats on all the nice goodies.

Do me a favor next time the UPS guy comes buy your house could you ask him to come by mine as well, thanks.

Have you seen the armored truck scene in "HEAT" (DeNiro/Kilmer)...

Your neighbors corn will not fill your belly until you take it from them  :green:

KnowTalent

« Reply #12 on: 7 Apr 2009, 09:36 pm »

Ahhhhh...my very first concert. Sweaty Teddy and the Amboy Dukes. It was 1973 and I got to see Ted do Pappa's Will and Journey to the Center of the Mind. They were performing off the back of a 40' flat bed trailer at a motocross track in St Peters (the old Cycle World USA where I used to ride).

being from Detroit, I remember Terrible Ted being interviewed on a morning radio show...reminiscing about first hearing Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels at a New York gig  ...something along the lines of "..they ripped of my head and shit down my neck...and I knew I had to be up on stage playing"   Classic Ted!!!  :thumb:
Last I saw him was at Cobo in late seventies...he could really bring the house down!!!