Poll

What color fabric would you want to see the CS2's in?

Red
5 (11.6%)
Cream
10 (23.3%)
Blue
6 (14%)
Brown
2 (4.7%)
Silver
7 (16.3%)
Green
6 (14%)
Other
7 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Emerald Physics fabric choices for CS2's

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Emerald Physics fabric choices for CS2's
« on: 12 Jan 2008, 12:47 pm »
At this year's CES (2008), Emerald Physics displayed a pair of CS2's with red fabric instead of the traditional black:

What fabric color would you like to see the CS2's available in?

If you select "other" please mention what the other color is.

There isn't yet a date on when other colors will be available, but it will be sooner rather than later.   :wink:

There will most likely be a slight upcharge for a different fabric color, but nothing has been firmly established yet.

George

MaxCast

Re: Emerald Physics fabric choices for CS2's
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2008, 01:15 pm »
Green and yellow with a nice G on it!  :green:

TomS

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2008, 01:24 pm »
Now you're talkin'  - Colts blue with a big white horse shoe on the front!

Hardwood and/or aluminum trim strip options to dress them up would be nice too.  Should be expensive as you don't need much material.

jackthecat

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2008, 09:31 am »
I would prefer a light real wood / veneer finish with no sock on .... just me . Not sure if the sock is critical ? I prefer the understated finish rather than big colour or black. Especially in smaller rooms.

GregC

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2008, 07:45 pm »
Regardless of the sock color, prepare to have your socks knocked off when you hear the CS2 speakers.  :D

JustinY

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jan 2008, 06:06 am »
One thing that I would like to point out... on the fabric material rather than the color of the fabric itself. The fabric material we use are speaker fabric that are very thin and transparent in terms of it not affecting the performance of the speaker itself. Both Clayton and I have went and looked for other potential material/colors that we can use to spice up or address some of what everyone's wants (we almost tried some mirco-fiber/suede type material which would have looked awesome on the CS2, however we realized the thickness of it would have affect the sound transmission so we decided against it).
Although the search is still on-going and nothing is set in stone just quite yet. So far we have found some success in a few different colors and have been testing to make sure that the material is up to par with the performance and appearance that is expected from Clayton and the CS2s.

BTW- I probably should introduce myself... I'm Justin, I actually work for Clayton and have been for the last month and a half or so. I'm responsible for building the CS2's since Clayton has been swamped with phone calls and everything else that is involved in running a business. I'm still very new to this industry and have a lot to learn from everyone on in this forum but so far Clayton has been a great teacher to me. He has taught me a lot of things that I never knew about this market and the speakers design/manufacturing. I'm excited to learn and hope that one day I will have something to contribute to this forum.   

JoshK

« Reply #6 on: 16 Jan 2008, 04:18 pm »
Add a wood trim around the edges and it adds a nice touch of class in the Magnepan kind of way.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2008, 05:22 am »
Why not just have an online swatch sample to pick from?  Before finalizing the order, a n actual sample could be mailed out and then people would know exactly what to expect.

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jan 2008, 07:59 am »
Why not just have an online swatch sample to pick from?  Before finalizing the order, a n actual sample could be mailed out and then people would know exactly what to expect.

Great idea!

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #9 on: 19 Jan 2008, 11:15 pm »
There is a blue hue that is called Alpina Blue.
Looks like this:
It is very balanced.
A very good blue color, or hue of blue ...

Imperial

cloudbaseracer

« Reply #10 on: 25 Jan 2008, 05:02 pm »
I would really like to see what these look like with a thin wood veneer across the front and sides.  If there is no way to go with wood then for me I think a muted silver/grey fabric. 

Do you guys think the sound would be changed if the whole front were covered in fabric so it looked like one solid piece?

James

JustinY

« Reply #11 on: 7 Feb 2008, 01:44 am »
*Update* Today we shipped out our first set of Cream/Off White CS2 to one of our dealers. We have also decide to follow thru with a blue verison of the CS2 which is very much like the blue on the helmet a few posts previous to this. Currently we do not have any high resolution pictures to post but we will add that on to our website when the pictures become available...
In the meantime, there are 4 colors now that are now available on the CS2: Black (standard w/ silver base); RED, BLUE and Cream(which all will have black base, which is more of a texture finished compared to the standard silver base).
« Last Edit: 7 Feb 2008, 01:55 am by JustinY »

JustinY

« Reply #12 on: 7 Feb 2008, 01:54 am »
I would really like to see what these look like with a thin wood veneer across the front and sides.  If there is no way to go with wood then for me I think a muted silver/grey fabric. 

Do you guys think the sound would be changed if the whole front were covered in fabric so it looked like one solid piece?

James
We are currently not offering anything in the wood trim or finishes. However, we have actually made mutliple CS2's with the horn covered. This creates a uniform look like you said as a solid piece and doing this does not affect performance, it is up to the customer to decide if they want the horn exposed or not.

Avalon

• Rock on!
    • Avalon A-V Consultants
« Reply #13 on: 14 Feb 2008, 08:01 pm »
Traditionalist:
follow popular furniture in various markets... 
   red wine fabric - to complement rich, dark, red-bias woods;
   cream or beige - to complement e.g. american walnut;
and for the above, consider rosenut / walnut foot-covers respectively.

modernist:
blue/red/orange/green/turquoise(etc)+black/silver feet = more a la Zu / Gallo style.

color is a **very powerful adverising agent** - and not too expensive in fabric.

Your product will r e a l l y stand out... (and for good reason!)

jackthecat

« Reply #14 on: 15 Feb 2008, 09:42 am »
Call me weird but I like to see the tubes stick out of my gear and I like to see the drivers on my speakers no fabric thanks. I will wait until maybe this option might be available in the future. No hurry aa

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 18 Feb 2008, 03:55 am »
Here is a picture showing black, cream, and blue fabric choices:

Here are the CS2's in a red fabric:

George

Ric Schultz

« Reply #16 on: 18 Feb 2008, 09:47 pm »
You can also get either the black base or the silver base with any color fabric.  For instance, the silver base with the blue fabric looks super (according to Clayton, who has one at his shop).  When I first heard about "blue".....I thought it would be bad......but seeing the picture above makes me completely rethink it.  The blue with the black waveguide looks cool!  Clayton says the picture does not do it justice, at all. 
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2008, 10:41 pm by Ric Schultz »

Big Red Machine

« Reply #17 on: 18 Feb 2008, 11:33 pm »
How hard would it be for me to remove the waveguide and paint it?

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: 19 Feb 2008, 12:09 am »
How hard would it be for me to remove the waveguide and paint it?

What color would you want it to be?

George

Brad

« Reply #19 on: 19 Feb 2008, 03:15 am »
George - how about a New York Giants Super Bowl Champs special edition in their colors?

Somewhat kidding - but the colors you're showing are very striking - a big step up from the ordinary.