Is Symfonia Still Around??

Todd Krieger

« on: 21 Jul 2003, 03:56 pm »
I've been a proud owner of an Opus 10 amplifier since '99 :) , but roughly eight or nine months ago, the Symfonia website has gone away :cry: .  I only ask in the event I need to get my amplifier serviced.

:!: Responses are appreciated!!

JohnR

« Reply #1 on: 23 Jul 2003, 10:07 am »
Sorry, can't help :(

Anyone else ?

AKSA

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2003, 08:13 am »
The owner of Symphonia was Vincent Testa, a fellow Melburnian I have met.  He is a sales/marketing guy;  he was in partnership with a another chap whose name escapes me.  They had developed a system system which eliminated the switching spikes of Class AB, and from all reports it was successful.  However, I last met Vince about three years back;  he had closed his shop, and was developing the amp business.

He is a highly colorful character, and it may be that he's out of business.  He was pretty cheesed off with the industry as I recall, it's possible he's now out of business.  Not much help, but a glimpse of the business.

Cheers,

Hugh

Todd Krieger

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2003, 07:06 am »
If you run into Vince again, tell him I'll offer US$2000 for another Opus 10 :!: .  My big fear is something going wrong with my existing Opus 10, and needing service.  I figure a spare would be the best option.  (I have never been happier with a single piece of equipment.)  Thanks.

Quote from: AKSA
The owner of Symphonia was Vincent Testa, a fellow Melburnian I have met.  He is a sales/marketing guy;  he was in partnership with a another chap whose name escapes me.  They had developed a system system which eliminated the switching spikes of Class AB, and from all reports it was successful.  However, I last met Vince about three years back;  he had closed his shop, and was developing the amp business.

He is a highly colorful character, and it may be that he's out of business.  He was pretty cheesed  ...

EchiDna

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2003, 09:01 am »
geez you could buy 4 or 5 of Hugh's AKSA's for that kind of money ;-)