STA-9X is now in the house!

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
STA-9X is now in the house!
« on: 3 Aug 2023, 11:37 pm »
Record time from order to music!  Ordered Monday 7/31.

So - break in.  John, you said 50-100 hours.  Everyone, does it break in faster if played louder?  Does volume matter?  How about having it on with source playing but zero volume?  That would allow 24 hours for a few days.

I'll look forward to posting impressions and experience after a bit.

Thanks for input.....Pete

pstrisik

Re: STA-9X is now in the house!
« Reply #1 on: 5 Aug 2023, 01:03 pm »
Or not.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 6 Aug 2023, 02:40 am »
I don’t know if it’s the same as playing music at normal listening levels, but I burned in my Nuprime Evolution STA amp at very low volume for a couple nights in addition to playing at easy to listen to volumes during the day. I kinda think I burned it in for over 100 hours before actually listening critically.

Michael

pstrisik

« Reply #3 on: 6 Aug 2023, 03:25 am »
I don’t know if it’s the same as playing music at normal listening levels, but I burned in my Nuprime Evolution STA amp at very low volume for a couple nights in addition to playing at easy to listen to volumes during the day. I kinda think I burned it in for over 100 hours before actually listening critically.

Michael

Thanks Michael.  I'm doing what I can.  Playing low most of the time, not overnight, and regular evening listening.  So should be over the hump soon.

I am listening critically (can't help it).  But starting with my Omegas, which I didn't think would be the best match, but it is sounding like it may be afterall.  Once break-in confidence hits, I'll switch to the Paradigm Sig S2's which should definitely match well.    .....Pete