SOLD: Chord Qutest DAC with Stand ($1025)

mchuckp

SOLD: Chord Qutest DAC with Stand ($1025)
« on: 15 Jun 2023, 09:21 pm »
Chord Qutest DAC w Stand

THIS HAS BEEN SOLD!!!

$1025 (includes insured shipping to CONUS + PP fees).
Discount available for local sale or PP F&F.

Dropping price for attempt at a quick sale as I got my eye on some gear.  Great chance to get snag a killer DAC at a great price!!!

Unit works perfectly and I do not see any cosmetic issues. Not sure the age as previous owner didn't know but certainly well cared for. Amazing DAC. Only selling because I'm trying to upgrade to a Chord TT2. It also includes a 3D printed stand that lets it sit at an angle for better viewing (see pix). Have original box, power cord, and manual that are all mint condition. I believe they are sold with a USB cable as well but I didn't get it with the unit. I assume most people already have one they use.

I've sold a number of items on here and have a perfect history of selling on Headfi and Audiogon as 'mchuckp' or EBay as 'mch7664'.

Any questions, just ask!

« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2023, 05:45 pm by mchuckp »

mchuckp

Re: FS: Chord Qutest DAC with Stand ($1025)
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2023, 08:43 pm »
Price drop for quick sale.  Grab it while you can.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2023, 09:42 pm »
Wow, that is a great price.  My son owns this DAC.  Pair it with a linear power supply or the ifi ipowerX and it takes this DAC to another level of refinement.  It is a fabulous sounding DAC.  A chinese LPS like a Teradak sounds better than the ipower X and can be had for about $50 to $60.  It also responds to usb cables.  My son is using a $40 Ghent Audio usb cable and it sounds better than an Oyaide, AQ Carbon and a few others.

I agree, grab it while you can at this price.

mchuckp

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2023, 01:25 pm »
Wow, that is a great price.  My son owns this DAC.  Pair it with a linear power supply or the ifi ipowerX and it takes this DAC to another level of refinement.  It is a fabulous sounding DAC.  A chinese LPS like a Teradak sounds better than the ipower X and can be had for about $50 to $60.  It also responds to usb cables.  My son is using a $40 Ghent Audio usb cable and it sounds better than an Oyaide, AQ Carbon and a few others.

I agree, grab it while you can at this price.

Thanks.  It really is an amazing DAC.  I've never heard such great timbre or instrument separation.  I've wanted to try a Chord DAC for a while and got the Qutest earlier this year and was immediately impressed.  As noted, I really want to try a Chord TT2 as my end game DAC so letting this go. 

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2023, 10:41 pm »
If your  TT2 DAC uses a wall wart power supply, I can't stress how much a linear power supply or the ipowerx makes a difference in sound quality.  You can pick up a linear power supply from AliExpress for cheap.  I own 2 teradaks and they work great.
Good luck with your sale.

mchuckp

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jun 2023, 05:44 pm »
This item is sold!