Put 45/2A3 mono's on Ebay

drummerwill

« on: 24 Nov 2004, 05:32 pm »
Just thought I'd mention this to the Gateway Crew!
 the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5733723630&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Willie

jswallac

« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2004, 05:42 pm »
The truly interesting part is the email that was sent to the seller.  Lucky for the seller he/she knew an obvious scam.

Scott F.

« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2004, 07:33 pm »
Quote from: jswallac
The truly interesting part is the email that was sent to the seller.  Lucky for the seller he/she knew an obvious scam.

Ummm..... could you repeat that for me please? Not sure I'm catching your meaning.

Thanks

duff138

« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2004, 07:45 pm »
Quote from: Scott F.
Quote from: jswallac

Ummm..... could you repeat that for me please? Not sure I'm catching your meaning.

Thanks

he's referring to the Q & A in the listing:

Questions from other buyers for this listing    
 Q: Hello,I'm kelly nelson by name and I'm located in united states,I'm an international supplier who supplies my clients with all types of electronic equipments,I've got clients in europe,north america,africa and around the globe,my main business deals with purchasing of goods from my manufacturer or supplier and sells it to my clients who are in need of the item,the main reason why i'm contacting you personally is cause,one of my major supplying clients in africa is in need of this item of yours and he's willing to issue a cashier's check for the payment of the item,he'll be issuing a cashier's check worth of $4800.00 for payment of the item and he requires the excess funds on the payment for the item be sent to him via western union money transfer after the check has been cashed and you've removed the actual price for your item cause he's in need of the funds for clearance of some of his goods held at the shipping port cause he wants to put them for sale at his location in africa. T Answered on Nov-24-04
   A: No!

Scott F.

« Reply #4 on: 24 Nov 2004, 08:56 pm »
Ohhhh.....ICBM
(that was an Elvis Presley reference for those that weren't paying attention, Kissin Cousins)

Makes sense now. I wasn't looking at the Q&A portion. Thanks.

Willie, so that's where the Sansui iron went :D

For any of the readers not sure about the designs and sounds, I'll be the first to step up and say Willie builds one helluva fine sounding SET amp. We listened to these over at DF's house on his Altec 19's and they were super sweet sounding.

bmed

« Reply #5 on: 24 Nov 2004, 09:40 pm »
Hey Willie,

So now you put these up.  I was looking for something like this a few months ago--now I've got a pair of 300B's.  I'd love to see and hear them--what a smorgasbord that would make at my house  :idea:  45/2a3/300b what's your pleasure?.  Any chance for a Gateway discount  :lol: ?  I don't know if my wife will let me buy myself another Christmas present.

I'm going to think hard about these!

Brad

drummerwill

« Reply #6 on: 24 Nov 2004, 10:51 pm »
Of course my fellow Gasser's would be getting the usual Gas Discount unless you're shipping to South Africa !! ... Whoooa  ( Those Guys ).
   Anyway gassers get the special deal !
   Thanks folks !
    Willie

DeadFish

« Reply #7 on: 24 Nov 2004, 11:58 pm »
If these were the amps you brought over that day to feed the Altecs and convert my soul, I hope you get more than the openning bid, Willie.
Really nice, but I haven't heard anything you did that wasn't that way.

Go ahead, Brad! Keep 'em in the 'Family.'   :wink:

BTW, Brad, you said "pair", so you got the other amp finished?
(Enquiring minds wanna hear!) :D

Great luck to you on that auction, Willie!
Wish I weren't  'amp-heavy' this close to Christmas.

Best Regards,
DeadFish

bmed

« Reply #8 on: 25 Nov 2004, 12:43 am »
Hey DF!  

Thread hijack:  Yep they're done.  They are singing away as I type.  They're running in--need a few more hours I believe.  I could bring them to the next GAS, but there's always more gear than time.  Of course, you're welcome to head north.  
Also, don't know what time you're heading to the 'Lou on the 11th, but maybe we can ride/caravan together?

Thread re-rail:

Man Oh Man I want those amps Willie, you're killing me.  I wish there was some way to hear them before they sell/sail away, I'm sure they sing.  I'd like to use them with my upcoming Fostex project--going up in sensitivity a bit.

Scott F.

« Reply #9 on: 25 Nov 2004, 01:37 am »
Quote from: bmed
Hey DF!  

Thread hijack:  Yep they're done.  They are singing away as I type.  They're running in--need a few more hours I believe.  I could bring them to the next GAS, but there's always more gear than time.  Of course, you're welcome to head north.  
Also, don't know what time you're heading to the 'Lou on the 11th, but maybe we can ride/caravan together?

Continued Hijack....

Dude! Can you bring the DRD's on the 11th? Like I mentioned before, I'm seriously thinking of buying a pair and I'd love to hear them (especially with the Lowthers). We'll make time for them, besides, these get togethers (at least out here) usually go for 8-10 hours.

I decided rather than trying to swap tons of gear in and out of my two main systems, that I'd set up another room (2 actually) with more systems. The room right off the main listening room is my oldest daughters bedroom. She's off at college and the room sits empty except 2 weekends a month. I'm going to take the bed apart and set up Klaus' $1600 system in there. I'll have the Daedelus in the Big Fun system (amp changes are easy there). The Fleapowered system won't see much if any change. The fourth setup is the vintage mono (amp, tuner, 78 turntable, CD) that will be in the upstairs spare bedroom.

That should let people swap gear in and out of the systems without taking all of the music down at one time (I hope). Hmmm, maybe I'll move Klaus' system to the upstairs bedroom, that way people can crank it without distrubing the main listening room. ... I don't know, I'll figure it out though.

....back to our regularly scheduled thread already in progress.....

brad....those 45's are calling......they're globes too.....

bmed

« Reply #10 on: 25 Nov 2004, 02:51 am »
No prob Scott, I can bring the DRD's.  I just didn't want to overwhelm with equipment.

Must......resist......the......urge.... .can't.......avert......my......eyes.............from.....the....pictures
.......hhhhheeelllllpppp!!!!

I wonder how good that Sansui iron sounds---too rolled off at the extremes?

Brad

Scott F.

« Reply #11 on: 25 Nov 2004, 04:32 am »
Quote from: bmed
No prob Scott, I can bring the DRD's.  I just didn't want to overwhelm with equipment.

Must......resist......the......urge.... .can't.......avert......my......eyes.............from
.....the....pictures.......hhhhheeellll lpppp!!!!

I wonder how good that Sansui iron sounds---too rolled off at the extremes?

Brad

....The Hijack continues..... take me to Cuba (missouri)

Cool :mrgreen:

Can't say for sure on the highs since the Altecs could use a super tweeter above about 15k but the bass sounded pretty darned good. Knowing Willies designs coupled with the fact that he's using the 6c45p driver tube, I wouldn't expect much (if any) rolling at the extremes.

JoshK

« Reply #12 on: 25 Nov 2004, 04:41 am »
Willie, those tube amps look bad ass.  Think they'll run my RM40's? No seriously, if I was into high efficiency I'd seriously consider biting.  What craftsmenship!  Hope you fetch a lot for them.

Cheers,

drummerwill

« Reply #13 on: 25 Nov 2004, 05:19 pm »
They can run my JBL-L112's that's 89db sensitivity, at a pretty loud volume without the meter going wild.  Thats another neat thing about having a meter you can tell if you're driving them too hard.
   Have fun!
    Willie

drummerwill

« Reply #14 on: 25 Nov 2004, 05:46 pm »
Also Josh,  I forgot to mention I ran the JBL L-112's with 45's I didn't even try the JBL's with 2A3's, thats a couple more watts.
   These amps can do 45's or 2A3's with a turn of the screwdriver.

Willie