NFL Football ('15 -'16)

Tomy2Tone

Re: NFL Football ('15 -'16)
« Reply #220 on: 10 Jan 2016, 05:22 am »
The one play I still don't understand was where Shazir led with the crown of his helmet and hit Bernard in the face and knocked him out with a concussion and nothing was even questioned.

I'll just say that computer program that predicted the Cardinals/Bengals to play in the SB didn't take in consideration the stupidity of Burfict and Jones.

stlrman

« Reply #221 on: 10 Jan 2016, 05:23 am »
Just read Adam Jones got a dead ball foul while the Steelers medical staff were on the field. Not really sure what he did ? Pacman already blowing up on Twitter !!
I don't tweet . Wonder what he is saying?

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #222 on: 10 Jan 2016, 05:24 am »
They deserved to lose after those cheap shots.  I also thought the kid played well, especially in the two touchdown drives.  But they blew away the respect at the end.  Go Steelers!

Pacman bumped an official I believe.  The hit by Shazir deserved a flag in my view, but the explanation was that he had become a runner, just barely I suppose.  I'm guessing Ben and Brown will likely be at least questionable for next week.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #223 on: 10 Jan 2016, 05:29 am »
Some real cheap shots in the Bengals - Steelers game. I'm pulling for Denver to win over Pittsburgh without Big Ben.

stlrman

« Reply #224 on: 10 Jan 2016, 05:35 am »
R u kidding . Ben will play . He is very very tough!!! Just hope Brown is playing . He has the most yards ever in a three year span!!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #225 on: 10 Jan 2016, 12:12 pm »
Steelers/Bengals game = WWF.  Ridiculous. 

sebrof

« Reply #226 on: 10 Jan 2016, 02:53 pm »
Forget the comeback. Forget the hit to the head with no flag. Forget the fumble with under 2 minutes.
The Bengals completely lost their heads in the last minute and lost the game with stupid plays. They were throwing flags left and right for anything resembling unsportsmanlike. Are those guys really that freakin' stupid that they couldn't see the bigger picture?
I watch a lot of football and I've never seen a worse loss. Shame on those guys, they deserve to lose.

sts9fan

« Reply #227 on: 10 Jan 2016, 03:32 pm »
That late game was a clown show. Looks like the road to the SB will go through Denver. I was hoping the Patriots would not have to travel. Oh well.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #228 on: 10 Jan 2016, 03:53 pm »
Earlier in the year I would have agreed with you 100 percent, but lately those Chiefs are looking tougher and the Pats weaker.  Could be the Patriots aren't traveling anywhere this year.

charmerci

« Reply #229 on: 10 Jan 2016, 08:41 pm »
The one play I still don't understand was where Shazir led with the crown of his helmet and hit Bernard in the face and knocked him out with a concussion and nothing was even questioned.

I didn't see the game but helmet-to-helmet hits are not called between the hash marks when there's a bunch of players there. If you watch the injuries to the two Skins players in the last Dallas game - they were both helmet-to-helmet hits in the middle.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #230 on: 10 Jan 2016, 08:51 pm »
I didn't see the game but helmet-to-helmet hits are not called between the hash marks when there's a bunch of players there. If you watch the injuries to the two Skins players in the last Dallas game - they were both helmet-to-helmet hits in the middle.

Here it is...if this is ok to do then I'm confused on this whole player safety thing.

http://deadspin.com/giovani-bernard-and-the-unfortunate-hit-that-knocked-1752060073

stlrman

« Reply #231 on: 10 Jan 2016, 09:34 pm »
And the Vikings miss a 27 yard field goal in the closing seconds to lose the game!!! :oops: :o :duh: :duh:

Woodsea

« Reply #232 on: 10 Jan 2016, 09:40 pm »
And the Vikings miss a 27 yard field goal in the closing seconds to lose the game!!! :oops: :o :duh: :duh:
SWEET

stlrman

« Reply #233 on: 10 Jan 2016, 10:24 pm »
The Packers offense looks very pedestrian ! Down 5-0.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #234 on: 10 Jan 2016, 10:25 pm »
Pedestrian?  Hell, they can't even manage a walker!    :duh:

stlrman

« Reply #235 on: 11 Jan 2016, 12:04 am »
17 straight point for Greenbay ! Then Redskins score to go up 18-17 then GB with a great drive to go up 24-18 . Very entertaning !

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #236 on: 11 Jan 2016, 02:50 am »
Leave it to the Vikings to pull defeat from the jaws of victory! :duh: :lol:

fatalbert

« Reply #237 on: 11 Jan 2016, 03:19 am »
Vikings - what a disappointment!!

JakeJ

« Reply #238 on: 11 Jan 2016, 05:19 am »
Even before the Hawks/Vikings game started I was confident I was watching the last game the Hawks would play for the season.  Certain!  The cold factor alone took its toll on both teams.

I think every single person in TCF Bank Stadium today is still stupefied at the outcome.  I cannot imagine what Blair Walsh is going through tonight.

My condolences Vikings fans, from a Hawks fan.  I know we're moving on but it doesn't feel like we earned it.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #239 on: 11 Jan 2016, 05:47 am »
It if was any other team I'd chalk it up to just bad luck, but the Vikes transcend concepts like "luck". :lol:  It looked they had 'em by the throat but all the time I was wondering how they'd manage to screw it up. Because they always do somehow. :roll:  To be honest though I'm not all that bummed out. Sure it would have been nice to see them advance to the next round but realistically at the beginning of the season I thought they were a year or two out from being a playoff team.  In my mind they overachieved in getting to the playoffs.  In that context they kind of exceeded my expectations. Bridgewater is growing in his skill set every month and it looks like the game is starting to slow down for him.  At last I think the Vikes have their franchise guy. No, he's no Favre or Brady, maybe more like a Trent Dilfer but with much better physical skills.  AP probably doesn't have many seasons left of being the horse they can ride to 1,500 yards and a playoff appearance but hopefully he'll age gracefully as Teddy Bridgewater matures.

With luck I'll live to see them lose Super Bowls instead of playoff games. :wink: