Greetings from Värmdö, Stockholm, Sweden

Patrik Bredberg

Greetings from Värmdö, Stockholm, Sweden
« on: 4 Feb 2020, 11:45 am »
Hi there!
This seems like a friendly and well organized forum on HiFi, thanks for that.
I'm an audio enthusiast living on Värmdö outside Stockholm, Sweden. I currently live in a small house with a high pitched roof by the sea with all the ships going in to Stockholm passing by just outside my large windows. A wonderful place with stunning views which actually creates a bit of audio challenges that have inspired my taste in equipment: When moving here 20 years ago, looking for suitable HiFi equipment, the first challenge was to find really good speakers that would be small and beautiful enough to be placed against the large windows, not interfering too much with the beautiful view. After lengthy research, walking the HiFi shops of Stockholm, I found Totem Acoustic from Canada at a lovely little dealer with a super enthusiastic owner, HiFi Art with Kent Melin. That started a long, lasting loving relationship with the slender little Totem speakers. Step by step I moved up the range of Totem since another challenge was the high ceiling (4,5m) and open architecture of my house was "eating away" the sound, urging me to buy larger and larger speakers with better and more powerful electronics. Finally I landed on the Totem Forests bi-amped by Roksan Caspian IA + 5-ch. Superb sound! Happy!
Now things are changing in life. I'm in a process of slowly moving out of the house and live with my darling Camilla. I will keep the house but use it for weekends, summer and renting it. The Forests have been sold and my new main speakers will be the Totem Rainmakers. Roksan IA also sold and now I'm looking for new smaller size electronics to set up a system more easy to place in an apartment.
Looking forward to sharing thoughts, ideas and impressions with you guys on this ever so important topic: good audio!
Cheers! /Patrik

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Greetings from Värmdö, Stockholm, Sweden
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2020, 02:30 pm »
Welcome Patrik :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 4 Feb 2020, 02:44 pm »
Welcome!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #3 on: 4 Feb 2020, 04:04 pm »
Hey Patrik,

Welcome to Audio Circle. :D