Power Cord shootout on my Modwright Transporter: Acrolink, LessLoss, & TelWire

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.

Two things:
1)  David ALWAYS used the Lessloss (on his Transporter) straight INTO THE WALL.   And that's how he's eval'ing other TP power cords, which only makes sense.  No reason to involve another variable.  Then later he can add in the conditioner, but not in the first go-round.
2) the title of the thread is all you need to know that he's using the Modwright TP as the source.  :)

Phil, he's suffering and will be more later this week (wink wink).  I get his (NHL expletive deleted) a week later.  :)  I'll try not to have been led by the witness.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013

2) the title of the thread is all you need to know that he's using the Modwright TP as the source.  :)

Phil, he's suffering and will be more later this week (wink wink).  I get his (NHL expletive deleted) a week later.  :)  I'll try not to have been led by the witness.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Philistine

OK I have another question that relates to the Modwright TP, this question has relevance to me and probably other owners.

David - are you able to quantify the benefits of PC tweaking vs tube rolling?  For example are the changes in sonics you get from changing PC's more significant than a tube change, or is it a more subtle change?  The reason I ask is my system has been in flux the last 3 months and I haven't had the opportunity to sit down and do any serious listening in order to explore this.  At the same time I too have found my TP sounds better direct into the wall as opposed to going through a conditioner.  

rydenfan

Phil, I will try and answer this as best as possible but it is a bit tricky. I would say the sonic benefits from tube rolling are greater because that is the foundation on which to build everything else upon. If you are not happy with the basic sonic signature of you system that evaluating power cords and interconnects is a bit of a futile exercise. First and foremost, IMO, you have to be pleased with the basis sound of your system. From there you can begin to audition various cables to help achieve everything you desire to hear. That being said, the benefits from power cords and interconnects have a pretty profound impact in my system, and is not something I strain to hear.

arthurs

Someone should throw David another power cord just to mess with him more...   aa :lol:

funkmonkey

David's review and subsequent posts got me thinking.  I did not want to hijack this thread so I started a new one:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=63283.msg572024;topicseen#new

rydenfan

Someone should throw David another power cord just to mess with him more...   aa :lol:

I wonder who would do that?  :wink: :lol:

arthurs

He'd be a real ass to mess with a nice guy who's just trying to sort out and share some information to help us all with some insights on a few different power cords... :roll:

....but probably a well-intentioned ass....

rydenfan

:rotflmao: I couldn't agree more

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!

Hmmm.... aa

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!

He'd be a real ass to mess with a nice guy who's just trying to sort out and share some information to help us all with some insights on a few different power cords... :roll:

Yes and Yes  :duh:

arthurs

satfrat

• Restricted

I was already to adddress your statement,,, til I just saw the finale here that i had missed in the post. :duh: :lol: I need to apology to rydenfan for not seeing the Tranporter mentioned in his title, it was an honest mistake but still a waste of your time in replying and I'm sorry for that. As rydenfan is doing now, I did my own power cord comparisons this time last year, 8 cords in all and going thru my BPT. But I was in the market for 3 power cords, 2 for my Butler amps and 1 for my Sunfire processor. With all the mixing and matching, trying to find the right combination for me, it was impossible to write a review. For that reason, my hat's off to rydenfan for taking the time to write up this comparison. I look foreward to hearing his impressions once he's had some time with the Telwire going thru his Running Spring. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Man, I go off to dinner and come back and this place is a hoot!!   :lol: :lol:

Arthurs, you are a mean and spiteful man......(just kidding of course   8) )!!!!  More like a drug dealer, really.  You should be ashamed of giving a helpless pc roller another fix!  And such a frickin HUGE one (I know, I know, that's what she said).

Robin, my NHL reference has to do with someone named Sean Avery.   :D  And the fact that all these cables go from mfg to David to me.  I get his "(NHL non-approved sexist remark)".   :wink: :wink:

satfrat

• Restricted

Arthurs, you are a mean and spiteful man......(just kidding of course   8) )!!!!  More like a drug dealer, really.  You should be ashamed of giving a helpless pc roller another fix!  And such a frickin HUGE one (I know, I know, that's what she said).

Robin, my NHL reference has to do with someone named Sean Avery.   :D  And the fact that all these cables go from mfg to David to me.  I get his "(NHL non-approved sexist remark)".   :wink: :wink:

Thanks Ted for the explanation, that one went waaay over my head. :duh: I think I fianlly need that drink. :lol:

rydenfan

Art definitely wins for biggest power cord  :o

In all seriousness though, I do look forward to evaluating some cords on my 36.5 and seeing how my current Cardas stacks up. And I also look forward to Ted's impressions. I really hope more people audition the TelWire for themselves as I really think you guys will enjoy it.

arthurs

Art definitely wins for biggest power cord  :o

Agree, the TelWire is a heck of a nice cord....

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
rydenfan / David...

I really hope more people audition the TelWire for themselves as I really think you guys will enjoy it.

Might TelWire have a power cord that they could put on a short tour for a few AC members to try ? 8)

Chris

rydenfan

Dunno. That answer could really only come from Chris at TelWire. I believe he does offer a 30 day return policy. So you could always purchase the cord and then return it if it didn't work in your system.

Big Red Machine

I've got 5 or 6 cords I can send you so you can really go nuts!  Poiema, Moon, Syn Res, my own, Jena, MAC.