Limited edition new NX-Otica and NX-Treme models coming soon too.

Captainhemo

Wow Jay, the way the picture looks you are about 4 foot tall. Michael said you're no Hobbit (which I'm a huge fan by he way) so it's deceptive how big they look.

You really did a great job of making these look elegant and not too bulky. They are really a nice looking design and I look forward to seeing a pair finished. Still trying to figure out how to swing a pair, you told me the best idea awhile back but that might be hard to convince a certain other person in the house.

Thanks Greg  :)  In person they look more slender... once we had one glued up, Don and I were commenting on how the extrta height makes the  wings seem so much narrower. Proportions can really change the appearence
The original NX-Ottica prototype didn't have the 3 deree tilt, that was Danny's idea. After that, it was a matter of  playing  with the lines and getting it all to look  " right'n  That  open side wing went through numerous phases.

Yes, that  pic is somewhat deceiving, it's on a  bit of angle so  the cabinet is actually more in the foreground than I.  That being said,  after all the  health issues and a couple years in  wheelchair,I  actually shrunk  6'  and  am now 5'..... I haven't  had my height measured  for a while, maybe I am still shrinking  :o

I've heard that  certain vacation destinations can sometimes be convincing to  "other peple"  :wink:

jay

Peter J

• Hmmmm
That's pretty cool, Jay. Not petite, eh? 

I think it's the kind of thing only an audio geek can love... gonna kind of dominate the landscape of the room they live in!

I can hear it now "oh honey, you'll get used to them" or perhaps "can I stick a potted plant in that shelf thingie in the back"

bupiehowlo

Hi, newbie here (second post). I was trying to view the measurements for the NX-Otica on the first page of this thread. Are others able to see all the posted pictures? I know some forums limit your ability to see all the pictures, but wanted to check if those who have been hanging around the forum for longer are able to access those measurement pictures, as the website points you directly to this forum for the measurements.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Hi, newbie here (second post). I was trying to view the measurements for the NX-Otica on the first page of this thread. Are others able to see all the posted pictures? I know some forums limit your ability to see all the pictures, but wanted to check if those who have been hanging around the forum for longer are able to access those measurement pictures, as the website points you directly to this forum for the measurements.

It's not just you. They don't show up for me either and I'm pretty sure I have enough posts  :D

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
I believe they disappeared around the same time that danny retired his old email server, so I'm guessing thats where they were stored and why they've all vanished from so many development threads.

Captainhemo

They were all my images and  were in my  gallery  but seem to have   vanished, maybe due to  storage limits  ?

All the NX  series speakers are  8.5"  wide.... NX Otica's are  53.5" tall ,  NX-Treme's are  83.5" tall, NX Studio's are just under  17" tall
The NX-Otica and NX-Treme  wings  angle back at  10 degrees

jay

bupiehowlo

Ok roger that thanks for the quick replies! I'll just trust that they are an awesome pair of loudspeakers for now, and those curves, unlike the earth, are probably pretty flat. Globe head here! Probably some folks might hesitate to pull the trigger on that kind of expense without seeing the measured responses, but that doesn't seem to be slowing things down at all, rather the fancy tweeter production!

Captainhemo

If you  were looking for frequency responses, those would not have come from  my gallery but from Danny, and yes,  maybe the disappearence  did have something to do with the old  site  being   upgraded.

The responses are   very  good and   both Otica and  Treme   have exellent off axis  responses.  The  NX-Otica comes in around 92 db  and the NX-Treme arouind 94 db sensitivity

jay

Danny Richie

We are still working on a way to upload all of the pictures and images that I posted so that the links find them all without me having to re-load all of them.

If you  were looking for frequency responses, those would not have come from  my gallery but from Danny, and yes,  maybe the disappearence  did have something to do with the old  site  being   upgraded.

The responses are   very  good and   both Otica and  Treme   have exellent off axis  responses.  The  NX-Otica comes in around 92 db  and the NX-Treme arouind 94 db sensitivity

jay

jaywuan

They were all my images and  were in my  gallery  but seem to have   vanished, maybe due to  storage limits  ?

All the NX  series speakers are  8.5"  wide.... NX Otica's are  53.5" tall ,  NX-Treme's are  83.5" tall, NX Studio's are just under  17" tall
The NX-Otica and NX-Treme  wings  angle back at  10 degrees

jay

What is the depth of the NX-Treme's (specifically the depth of the wings)?

Thanks