Limited edition new NX-Otica and NX-Treme models coming soon too.

Captainhemo

Jay,

Ok I get what you are saying about the room.

Now that you mention it, I think it was the X-Otica thread about the MTM only section.

Mike

Yeah, its here
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=138007.60

post 70 and a few below

JBELT01

Danny, how are these kits coming along?  Any further tweaks?

Danny Richie

Danny, how are these kits coming along?  Any further tweaks?

They are done, and they are incredible.

I was just waiting for Jay and Don to have the flat packs on hand and ready to ship and I am going to announce the NX-Otica as ready for shipping.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
I just read Tyson's post on the Super 7 and wonder how these models compare.

Danny Richie

Well, I have them side by side and I'm using the sub-woofer section of the Super-7 with the NX-Otica until a get a dedicated sub-woofer section for it.

The NX-Otica actually has a few areas that I like better than the Super-7's. For one, the tweeter plays much lower in the wave guide on the NX-Otica than the Super-7. 1,300Hz verse 2500Hz. So the off axis response is better in each direction. The NX-Otica really maintains a great off axis response especially in the vertical off axis. They stay super consistent over a wide range.

The smaller baffle width also gives the NX-Otica a slight advantage in imaging.

And with all those woofers covering down to the lower crossover point around 90Hz to 100Hz or so, there is more body and more feel of impact around drums.

And while the Neo 10 has to be one of the fastest and best sound drivers ever to cover the human vocal range I actually lean a little towards the M-165NQ's. They really don't give anything up. Some of this could be the lower crossover point to the tweeter, but I really don't fell like anything in that range went away. There is still a lot of speed and clarity through that range. The NQ drivers really are that good.

And the lower crossover point to the servo subs makes integrating them real easy.

These things are a home run.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
Thanks, Danny. Great to know.

Captainhemo

Don is on the road all this week so we are looking at a week Wed fora probable  day for a first shipment. He'd be able to take  take 4 or 5 pairs of Otticas if need be.
We're looking at approx 2 weeks  after that for a  another run as he is on the road with work every 2nd week . Might be able to get 1 additional trip between those  depending on his work / family scheduale

Forgot to mentin, these flat packs will be shipped out of Oroville WA  or the Okanagan Valley if a Canadian customer, either way it will be domestic for  customers on both sides of the border

jay

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
So what is the final pricing on these two models?

Tomy2Tone

Danny-

I know you got a lot going on with the new property but was wondering if you or somebody else would be presenting these NX-Otica speakers and any upcoming shows this year?

-Tom

Captainhemo

So what is the final pricing on these two models?

Give Danny a ring

jay

Danny Richie

Danny-

I know you got a lot going on with the new property but was wondering if you or somebody else would be presenting these NX-Otica speakers and any upcoming shows this year?

-Tom

My only issue with showing with them is that they a limited number of them are going to be released based on the limited number of tweeters. And as soon as I officially release them they may go pretty quick.

Danny Richie

Final pricing is $2,199. That will include everything needed for the kit, all crossover parts, drivers, wire, tube connectors etc. And it included six sheets of No Rez. It also includes the flat pack that is all CNC cut and fits together great. It does not include shipping cost on anything.

I also recommend the dual SW-12-08FR woofers and A370PEQ amps to go with them. 

Captainhemo

I also recommend the dual SW-12-08FR woofers and A370PEQ amps to go with them.

If yo uhaven't seen the thread...
CNC'd flat packs for the above
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=139480.0

jay

SoCalWJS

Nice to see that the NX-Otica is now a reality and ready to ship! It sounds like another winner! Congrats!

I was wondering about the other model mentioned in the title of this thread- the NX-Treme. Is it still under consideration/development, or no longer part of the future? (I'm assuming the shortage of Neo's has taken it's toll)

Captainhemo

Nice to see that the NX-Otica is now a reality and ready to ship! It sounds like another winner! Congrats!

I was wondering about the other model mentioned in the title of this thread- the NX-Treme. Is it still under consideration/development, or no longer part of the future? (I'm assuming the shortage of Neo's has taken it's toll)

hey SoCalWJS

I've actually just finished the   2D drawing for the NX-Tremes. Going to be programmed for cutting soon them  we'll get a  pair assembled up here and a pair off to Danny to make sure the packs  are good.  Working on them  !!

jay

SoCalWJS

hey SoCalWJS

I've actually just finished the   2D drawing for the NX-Tremes. Going to be programmed for cutting soon them  we'll get a  pair assembled up here and a pair off to Danny to make sure the packs  are good.  Working on them  !!

jay
Cool! Glad to hear they're still coming along.

Thanks!

Captainhemo

Ron tried to keep everything back a bit  to keep  some distance from the magnet on the lowest  woofer

jay

studley

It is definitley something  we'll lookinto.  The wings will fint into   the baffle and meet the roundover  at 10 degrees.

jay

have I understood this correctly;  the V of the wings is 10 degrees away from being at right angles to the baffle?

Danny Richie

have I understood this correctly;  the V of the wings is 10 degrees away from being at right angles to the baffle?

Yes.

Captainhemo

jay