The Disaster Artist

stlrman

The Disaster Artist
« on: 15 Apr 2018, 05:05 pm »

This movie is absolutely brilliant !!  James Franco and his brother Dave Franco are phenomenal!!!
   “With 'The Disaster Artist,' James Franco transforms the tragicomic true-story of aspiring filmmaker and infamous Hollywood outsider Tommy Wiseau—an artist whose passion was as sincere as his methods were questionable—into a celebration of friendship, artistic expression, and dreams pursued against insurmountable odds. Based on Greg Sestero best-selling tell-all about the making of Tommy's cult-classic disasterpiece 'The Room' (“The Greatest Bad Movie Ever Made”), 'The Disaster Artist' is a hilarious and welcome reminder that there is more than one way to become a legend—and no limit to what you can achieve when you have absolutely no idea what you're doing”
10 out 10 stars.

wushuliu

Re: The Disaster Artist
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2018, 06:04 pm »
So damn good. Now I’m ready to watch the Room AGAIN.

undertowogt1

« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2018, 07:56 pm »
This was a great movie. It would suggest watching the Room first to get the full enjoyment of the disaster artist. The Room is VERY intertaining in its own way, I love it. They do love tossing that football around

wushuliu

« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2018, 09:54 pm »
Yes I think it's mandatory to see The Room first. If not before, then certainly afterwards.

Then read the book, which I'm doing right now. The Disaster Artist movie just skims the surface of all that is Tommy Wiseau.

charmerci

« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2018, 11:40 pm »
Well, while you're at it, you might want to see The Room too!  :lol:  (The other movie about the kidnapped woman. Pretty good!)