Take Five Audio cables and Bryston gear

djpk

Take Five Audio cables and Bryston gear
« on: 19 Apr 2022, 03:44 am »
I have a Bryston BP-26 preamplfier with the MPS-2 power supply and Bryston BP-2 MM phono preamplifier. I recently learned of Take Five Audio and their power cord offerings for Bryston gear. Take Five Audio has developed their own umbilical power supply cords for for Bryston power supplies that are supposed to enhance the performance of Bryston equipment using umbilical power supply cords. My expectation is that the Bryston engineers and designers are able to manufacture power supply cords included with their equipment that are not deficient in any way for their designed purpose. Still, I am curious if anyone here has any experience with these power cords. Wondering also if the Bryston staff has tested these power cords since Take Five Audio indicates a superior design to the Bryston cords. Link here:
 https://www.takefiveaudio.com/products/1629-tfa-bryston-mps2bp26-dc-umbilical-deep-cryo-treated

Speedskater

• Kevin
Re: Take Five Audio cables and Bryston gear
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2022, 03:47 pm »
Cryo treating of flexible cords just doesn't last. As soon as you flex the cord the cryo effect is lost.
Are the Take5 AC power cords 'UL' listed?