Poll

How much money do you plan to spend within the next 6 months directly related to RMAF 2012?  

$0-$50
29 (40.3%)
$51-$500
5 (6.9%)
$501-$1,000
4 (5.6%)
$1,001-$2,500
7 (9.7%)
$2,501-$5,000
7 (9.7%)
$5,001-$10,000
8 (11.1%)
$10,001-$20,000
6 (8.3%)
$20,000-$50,000
4 (5.6%)
$50,001-$100,000
0 (0%)
$100,001 +
2 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 72

RMAF 2012-How much money do you plan to spend on equipment? (Poll)

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
I would have liked to get the DSPeaker DAC/Room Correction box, but need to save my pennies...

I am going to purchase a Furutech GT2 USB cable and a set of Furutech RCA plugs at a 20% discount though, that will be about $230 for both. I was tempted by a 30% discount on the WBT nextgen RCA plugs, but they are too expensive and overpriced even at 30% off...

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
I got a platter mat, mono-cartridge,  weighted mounting screws and put down payment on an equipment rack  -- all bargained with cash on Sunday. 

vinyl_lady

I got a platter mat, mono-cartridge,  weighted mounting screws and put down payment on an equipment rack  -- all bargained with cash on Sunday.

So dressing up in the suit really did help. :lol:

vinyl_lady

I just enjoyed the show, bought some vinyl, listened to some great gear and music and most of all enjoyed seeing all the ACers who were there. I bought my Daedalus BOWs after last year's show. I'm somewhat tempted to take a serious look at the Lyra Atlas cartridge for sometime next year, but nothing in the near future. That leaves more money for vinyl.  :thumb:

Don_S

What rack?

TONEPUB

I made the decision to upgrade my dCS Paganini to the Vivaldi before the show, so does that count?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
I made the decision to upgrade my dCS Paganini to the Vivaldi before the show, so does that count?
Sure but I'm not so sure we can include you in any of this as it's your job.  Given the opportunity we would all own a $hit load of stuff like you.   :P

:lol:

I would like to think that the two people so far that have clicked $100k + are legit. 

standub

This year 0, last year though I spent $4000 and i'll hopefully (if my basement space is done) be spending more on some Odyssey gear.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
What rack?

Klaus is going to make me a wider one with darker veneer of my choice. 

roscoeiii

Been lusting after Klaus's rack myself...

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Been lusting after Klaus's rack myself...
There's a joke in there.

TONEPUB

Sure but I'm not so sure we can include you in any of this as it's your job.  Given the opportunity we would all own a $hit load of stuff like you.   :P

:lol:

I would like to think that the two people so far that have clicked $100k + are legit.

Fair enough.  If this were not my job I would not have as elaborate of a system as I do, nor would I have two systems.  Probably one main system and one vintage, call it a day. Fortunately, nine years of writing about this stuff has not diminished my enthusiasm for just listening to music at the end of the day when work is done....