Any VPI Nomad owners out there?

TKonrad.NOLA

Any VPI Nomad owners out there?
« on: 30 Oct 2014, 12:56 am »
I have been looking to get into vinyl for sometime and came across the VPI Nomad.   I planned on buying it and just using it with headphones.  I called up to buy it but the guy on the phone didn't seem to care for it too much.   He suggested I go with the Marantz TT-15, which means putting together a complete system which I hadn't planned on but now I am considering.  Any Nomad owners that can offer their opinions?

Thanks.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: Any VPI Nomad owners out there?
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2014, 03:16 am »
I heard the Nomad briefly at a show last summer.  It was through my headphones so no "show conditions" bias.  I wasn't wowed by the sound, but didn't hear anything I disliked either.  It seems more of a solution for people in just your situation than a product that would bring people into vinyl.  Those people want a $250 table that does it all, not the $995 Nomad.  But for an audiophile looking for an all in one product, especially one who listens primarily through headphones, I think it's a compelling package.  Albeit the market for that is pretty small, you in my experience, so it may not be the winner for VPI that Matt thinks it will be, it might be just the thing for you.  And VPI won't be going out of business anytime soon, so future service is assured.