Pioneer DV-563a mods?

BradJudy

Pioneer DV-563a mods?
« on: 29 Aug 2003, 08:10 pm »
There was some talk before about maybe offering mods for this new, inexpensive universal player, but you hadn't seen one yet to see if mods were possible/appropriate for the player.  Any word on modding the 563?

modwright

563SA Mods
« Reply #1 on: 3 Sep 2003, 04:50 pm »
We are definitely offering basic mods on this unit: upgraded PS, op-amps, coupling caps and PS decoupling - starts at $275.

I am also PLANNING to design a new PS for this unit that will make it A LOT better, but this is at least a couple of months out still.

Thanks,

Dan

BradJudy

Pioneer DV-563a mods?
« Reply #2 on: 3 Sep 2003, 07:43 pm »
Thanks for the info Dan.  I'll keep an eye out for updates on the new PS in a couple of months.

brad

bikes and beats

Pioneer Dv 563sa
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2004, 04:23 am »
I just got one of these from Best Buy for 170.00.
I must say that I am intrigued by the enhanced detail as compared to my Sony 7000es.  Now if I could have the Sony's bass weight and relaxed presentation we'd have a winner!
Tell me Dan, will your power supply mod give me needed bass slam?

modwright

Sorry for the tardy reply...
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2004, 12:39 am »
I have had a busy week and some family issues that have tied me down lately...

I do believe that the power supply upgrade (new supply) would greatly improve this player's performance, in terms of bass slam and overall musicality.

Just short of this, upgrades to the stock supply will also make a big difference and WILL improve bass response.

Upgrading op-amps and coupling caps would also make a very nice improvement.

I am ready now, to offer a Level I mod, including the parts upgrades listed, but I haven't had time to design a new supply for the unit.  

However, anyone who is interested in having the Level I mods done on their unit now, will receive very preferrential pricing on upgrading to the new supply when available.

Thanks,

Dan

BradJudy

Pioneer DV-563a mods?
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2004, 02:23 am »
Dan,

Is pricing about the same as the Pioneer mods listed on your website?  If not, what's the damage?

Thanks,

Brad

modwright

Pricing
« Reply #6 on: 21 Jan 2004, 06:38 pm »
Yes, it is the same as the standard Pioneer DVD standalone mods.

Thanks,

Dan