Warpdrv's new SoundScape M7's

Warpdrv

• There's NO ESCAPING the SoundScape !!
Warpdrv's new SoundScape M7's
« on: 1 Sep 2011, 04:37 pm »
After much delay and drama, finally got these babies up and running as a whole....  shipping delay and damage to one speaker driver - Accuton mid grill dented, thankfully not the cabinet which are in perfect shape....   

Spent some time listening last night - and let me say, SoundScapes are everything they are cracked up to be... 
Mated with FunkyWaves 18" LMS, I can't imagine the sound ever getting any better....   So incredibly clean  :D

Marbles

Re: Warpdrv's new SoundScape M7's
« Reply #1 on: 1 Sep 2011, 05:39 pm »
One of the nicest bedroom systems I've ever seen!  Maybe the nicest, I can't remember a better one.

neekomax

« Reply #2 on: 1 Sep 2011, 05:42 pm »
Very nice speakers, mate!  :)

OgOgilby

« Reply #3 on: 1 Sep 2011, 06:18 pm »
Wow, that is one sweet bedroom setup  :thumb:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 1 Sep 2011, 07:16 pm »
Very nice speakers. 

I'm always surprised by the amount of people that have systems in the BR.  Guess I just look at it differently.   :scratch:

Big Red Machine

« Reply #5 on: 1 Sep 2011, 07:19 pm »
I hope you perform as well as your speakers! :oops:

:lol:

jackman

« Reply #6 on: 1 Sep 2011, 07:57 pm »
Amazing!  I just have a cheap system that constantly plays, bow-chick-a-bow-wow, over and over...

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #7 on: 1 Sep 2011, 08:11 pm »
Warpdrv-Nice speakers!!!! They are exactly what I'd order from Salk, I don't want to even know how much they cost...The Daryl Stuermer album playing in the photo is it a goodie?? I first heard him on "Aurora"-Jean Luc-Ponty and was amazed at the guy.
 Thanks
 Ed

Warpdrv

« Reply #8 on: 1 Sep 2011, 08:17 pm »
I hope you perform as well as your speakers! :oops:

Well they all seem to keep coming back for more - I'll take that as a yes... :D

The great room has a pretty nice setup as well....   Fun Hobby, and just when I thought I was done - Thanks a lot TJHUB  :?

Here's a link to the other setup, and my err ahhh larger type Subwoofer build...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1266665  :scratch:

Warpdrv

« Reply #9 on: 1 Sep 2011, 08:46 pm »
Warpdrv-Nice speakers!!!! They are exactly what I'd order from Salk, I don't want to even know how much they cost...The Daryl Stuermer album playing in the photo is it a goodie?? I first heard him on "Aurora"-Jean Luc-Ponty and was amazed at the guy.
 Thanks
 Ed

Thanks Ed....   So far they are really spectacular - far less fatiguing then the Sig S4's .v1...  metal dome n all, the Mids are so smooth, with nothing missing at all - can't really say much about how low they go :D   

The Daryl Steurmer Album was Another Side of Genesis http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stuermer2
He's a local here in Milwaukee, so we get to see him play around here all the time, when he's not out on tour.
Followed him through Genesis for many many years, fantastic guitarist...   Its one of my favorite albums, great recording.

I saw Jean Luc many moons ago - another great artist....    I guess we could go on and on...

Nuance

« Reply #10 on: 2 Sep 2011, 04:00 am »
One of the nicest bedroom systems I've ever seen!  Maybe the nicest, I can't remember a better one.

They sure look amazing bro!  We have to set up a day so I can have a listen. ;)

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 2 Sep 2011, 08:32 am »
WOW!!!! Your main rig is quite impressive but the best shot of all for me is this one, most excellent!!!!!

TJHUB

« Reply #12 on: 2 Sep 2011, 12:00 pm »
Fun Hobby, and just when I thought I was done - Thanks a lot TJHUB  :?

You are most welcome, sir! :wink:

You made me spend money I didn't have, so I had to return the favor. :D  Hey, how's the funding for that major bathroom renovation coming along? :P

Warpdrv

« Reply #13 on: 2 Sep 2011, 01:31 pm »
WOW!!!! Your main rig is quite impressive but the best shot of all for me is this one, most excellent!!!!!

Thank you sir....
LOL, yeah I thought that was worthy of adding to the thread.... Love that shot.... 

You are most welcome, sir! :wink:

You made me spend money I didn't have, so I had to return the favor. :D  Hey, how's the funding for that major bathroom renovation coming along? :P

Touche my friend.... 

That project is still a go...   Looks like i'll be starting it this fall...
Long overdue...

gchuva

« Reply #14 on: 10 Sep 2011, 03:20 am »
What are you using as a player?

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #15 on: 10 Sep 2011, 05:46 am »
Great setup. But minus five points for the light sitting on the subwoofer

Probably waf factor

Warpdrv

« Reply #16 on: 10 Sep 2011, 02:37 pm »
What are you using as a player?

Hey buddy.....      I'm just getting started on the new front end, but I'll be continuing to utilize a HTPC running XBMC, entire library is FLAC. I just got the Atlona HDMI de-embedder, which I will run out to a Parasound 2100 for my HT bypass, TJHUB and Nuance are going to bring their DACs over to experiment once I get those pieces in place...

More info on the Atlona here http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=82217.0

Great setup. But minus five points for the light sitting on the subwoofer

Probably waf factor

There is no WAF - never married and live alone.... Single father for 18 years.

Sorry you don't care for my decorating....  :( 
Works in my favor with the female persuasion...   :icon_twisted:

« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2011, 06:57 pm by Warpdrv »

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #17 on: 10 Sep 2011, 10:29 pm »
Warp

I was kidding on the light location

Some audiophiles are audio-retentive

I am also a long term single father. And like not having to live with the waf factor

Move those speakers back honey

Ps. Like your last supper

Warpdrv

« Reply #18 on: 4 Oct 2011, 07:37 pm »
Well I was going to post in the Eastern Electric DAC plus thread, but that seems to have been locked.... drama  :roll: :o

Anywho - just wanted to take a second to update....

My setup -
Pioneer receiver
D-Sonic 5 channel amp
Atlona 570 HDMI deembedder
Parasound 2100
Salk SS M7s
Salk HT2c - still waiting on arrival
18" TC-Sound LMS Ulta 18" sub

For my 2 channel setup I run a HTPC / XBMC and extract 2 channel audio from HDMI with the ATLONA 570, which has both analog conversion that I'm running now, and also optical, which will allow me to put any DAC into place, then out to the Parasound 2100 for a HT bypass type scenario. TJHUB came down today to let me get a chance to hear the DAC on my rig (Thanks buddy) I was extremely thrilled with the far better quality of DAC from what I was running.

Obviously the EE DAC + was an extreme improvement over the cr@p dac built into the atlona unit, but I was astounded how much an improvement in SQ, soundstage, and clarity it provided. I could tell the difference immediately !! We switched back and forth from SS setting to his PSVANE tube - it was not dramatic, but I much preferred the PSVANE over the SS - just so incredibly smooth yet detailed and accurate from top to bottom, they bass came out really well, though it was increased by 1db or 2, which I simply pushed a button to correct. After hearing his DAC in his system the previous week on his HT2-Tls, I instantly placed an order for the EE +. I was quickly dispatched an email stating its delay until mid oct. which gave me some time to hear it in my system in case I wanted to cancel, though I already doubted I was going to do.

I highly recommend the EE DAC + to anyone considering it, and I really have no other comparisons of other DACs but I know for a fact I could live with that SQ in my system forever....   I'm not huge on writing audiophile descriptions, but the detail of my system has never been so good, and the DAC is the final piece of the puzzle.... very much looking forward to it... 

Thanks so much again Terry for all your help today - your a great friend...

Patrick

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #19 on: 4 Oct 2011, 07:56 pm »
Patrick- I grabbed that Daryl Stuermer album...nice stuff....thanks for that visual que!! :thumb: