1st post of the New Year

Alwayswantmore

1st post of the New Year
« on: 5 Jan 2009, 10:18 pm »
I'm tired of looking at Dec 31 for the latest post. Come on folks, who's got some Omega news to share?

I just ordered three Timbernation maple bases for my amp, linestage and DeepHemp. When they arrive in the next couple weeks I'll post some photos of the new DeepHemp on the base. I've owned three subwoofers now (including the Vandersteen 2W). I'm very impressed with the DH, and pretty sure it's going to clean the clock on everything else I've owned.

K

Louis O

Re: 1st post of the New Year
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jan 2009, 01:32 am »
Hi Kent,

Thanks and please let me know so we can recommend them. Very good build and the prices are very good.

Will be getting more photo gear to set up in the shop. Will post the Super 3i finally.

Thanks,
Louis

Gregx

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2009, 07:51 pm »
Greetings all,

I bought myself a pair of  Super 6 Alnico XRS for Xmas. This is my first foray into single the  driver world. It has been lots of fun breaking them in and trying  them with my stable of amps (Decware , Manley, Carey and Pass Labs) and an old Velodyne Sub.
I was not sure what to expect with a single driver set up, so far the Alnicos have exceeded my expectations.

I'll report back later once they are broken in.

Happy New Year

Gregx

rodge827

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2009, 11:58 pm »
Well Gents,

Louis called on Friday and he just finished a pair of Super 8 Alnico XRS's for me  :D. I hope to get to Connecticut some time this week and pick them up. I may start a thread if I can get my daughter to help me with the pictures, some what computer challenged I am  :duh:. Either way I'll keep you all informed on how they sound aa.

Chris

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2009, 10:59 pm »
Well Gents,

Louis called on Friday and he just finished a pair of Super 8 Alnico XRS's for me  :D. I hope to get to Connecticut some time this week and pick them up. I may start a thread if I can get my daughter to help me with the pictures, some what computer challenged I am  :duh:. Either way I'll keep you all informed on how they sound aa.

Chris
Hey Chris, I gather from your sig that you're going from Compact Hemps to Alnico XRS, with 2 DeepHemps. Should be a fantastic sounding system. Let us know what you think when they arrive. Kent

rodge827

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2009, 02:59 am »
Kent,

Yes I will be keeping the Deep Hemp's and coupling them with the XRS 8's. I hope to make it to Omega on Wed 1/14 and pick them up. Louis has been kind enough to begin running them in for me. Lucky dog!! I'm sure this is the part of his job he hates the most :drool:.

Chris

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2009, 03:06 am »
Kent,

Yes I will be keeping the Deep Hemp's and coupling them with the XRS 8's. I hope to make it to Omega on Wed 1/14 and pick them up. Louis has been kind enough to begin running them in for me. Lucky dog!! I'm sure this is the part of his job he hates the most :drool:.

Chris
I have 6" Alnicos. Previously I had Compact Hemps. Break in is much easier with Alnicos. Based on my experience, you are in for a real treat!

Adriel

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2009, 07:18 am »
I have some break-in notes that I jotted:

40+ hours: artificial high frequency tinkle starts dying down
60+ hours: midbass increases
114+ hours: actual smooth music starts being reproduced

Foobar kept track of playtime hours for me. To expedite the process, at bedtime
I played rainforest recordings of showers throughout the night.

Alwayswantmore

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jan 2009, 11:28 pm »
I have some break-in notes that I jotted:

40+ hours: artificial high frequency tinkle starts dying down
60+ hours: midbass increases
114+ hours: actual smooth music starts being reproduced

Foobar kept track of playtime hours for me. To expedite the process, at bedtime
I played rainforest recordings of showers throughout the night.
Which model speaker? K