It's Been a Good Ride

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
It's Been a Good Ride
« on: 23 May 2020, 04:21 pm »
Thanks to all that participated here in the Selah circle  over the last several years. It wasn't an easy decision but I've decided to exit Audio Circle. You can find Selah Audio on Facebook for current news and information. I also occasionally will post on the AVS Forum and Audio Science Review.

RonN5

Re: It's Been a Good Ride
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2020, 04:40 pm »
Rick,

We will miss you here on AC.  If part of your goal is to bring some practical knowledge to the "only the numbers matter and nothing else" thinking at ASR...great, it is needed.

As for Facebook, and this may sound strange, but I know a lot of people who are not on Facebook (for a number of pretty good reasons) and as a result, when someone like you defers to Facebook as the main communication method, those not on Facebook can't really stay tuned in because Facebook makes viewing your page difficult for non members.

At any rate....good luck.  I've never heard your speakers but if they sound half as good as they look, then I'm going to have to give them a try...I'm a sucker for the beautiful wood finishes...those Estremo MK2 in Pau Ferro / Santos Rosewoods that you have posted are really nice.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2020, 04:58 pm »
Rick,

We will miss you here on AC.  If part of your goal is to bring some practical knowledge to the "only the numbers matter and nothing else" thinking at ASR...great, it is needed.

As for Facebook, and this may sound strange, but I know a lot of people who are not on Facebook (for a number of pretty good reasons) and as a result, when someone like you defers to Facebook as the main communication method, those not on Facebook can't really stay tuned in because Facebook makes viewing your page difficult for non members.

At any rate....good luck.  I've never heard your speakers but if they sound half as good as they look, then I'm going to have to give them a try...I'm a sucker for the beautiful wood finishes...those Estremo MK2 in Pau Ferro / Santos Rosewoods that you have posted are really nice.

Thanks for your input and kind words. I know Facebook has its' own problems and things have happened there that I don't agree with. One thing I do like about it is that I'll be more free to post my thoughts there. This site is heavily moderated to the point where I cannot post all of my opinions. It's also not grown to include more manufacturers - something I could never understand because it's a great venue for small companies like myself.

Social media has obviously changed things quite a bit. YouTube is hit and miss as you have to sort out the paid "influencers" from those giving an honest review. While I don't like the Facebook layout for topic history it is a good way to make product announcements.

Carl V

« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2020, 05:49 pm »
best of luck....will your WEBSITE mirror your FACEBOOK postings?
if so many of us could periodically visit...better yet, get a list of
interested names...e-mail announcements, like FB but site specific

RonN5

« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2020, 06:50 pm »
Rick,

You brought up a good point....lots of audiophiles are also techies....which means there are an infinite number of questions and opportunities to create interest.  Example...."if you build me a speaker with an expensive compression driver vs the best RAAL unit vs the best AMTs...vs the best Be tweeters...what do I gain and what do I give up with each unit".  This opens the door to a discussion which opens the door to a possible order.  And what better way to do this than through youtube.

If used  the way Paul does at PS Audio or Dannie does at GR Research, it gives you a chance to communicate with your potential customer list and tell the stories that you want to tell.  And I know that the videos can be a pain to do and maybe too much time for a small shop.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2020, 07:40 pm »
Thanks for letting us know where to find you, Rick. I'll keep in touch, and I'll like/follow your FB page. [Done!]

Michael

HT cOz

« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2020, 09:45 pm »
Hey Rick I’ll be sure to follow you on FB and contribute to your group. I’ve really been enjoying my Ceramicas

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2020, 09:58 pm »
Hey Rick I’ll be sure to follow you on FB and contribute to your group. I’ve really been enjoying my Ceramicas

:drool: :bowdown:

Wow! Those are sharp looking! Did Rick build them or did you? Never mind, after looking through your gallery, I remember your posting about the build. Sigh. Very nice.

2bigears

« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2020, 10:06 pm »
 :D Changes aren't permanent
         But change is..  What a Rush.   Happy Trails.   :D

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2020, 12:26 am »
best of luck....will your WEBSITE mirror your FACEBOOK postings?
if so many of us could periodically visit...better yet, get a list of
interested names...e-mail announcements, like FB but site specific

I've not really thought about changes to the website. I imagine maybe more posts in the blog section.

Mudslide

« Reply #10 on: 24 May 2020, 03:16 am »
Best wishes for your future, Rick.  I'm a non-Facebook practitioner, but I'll pop into your website every now and then.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #11 on: 24 May 2020, 03:53 am »
Thanks for letting us know where to find you, Rick. I'll keep in touch, and I'll like/follow your FB page. [Done!]

Michael

Thanks to you as well.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #12 on: 24 May 2020, 03:55 am »
Best wishes for your future, Rick.  I'm a non-Facebook practitioner, but I'll pop into your website every now and then.

I appreciate it. You're missing all of the Facebook drama.  :lol:

AJinFLA

• Industry Participant
  • Soundfield Audio Loudspeakers
    • Soundfield Audio
« Reply #13 on: 26 May 2020, 12:40 pm »
Good luck with new ventures Rick

pawsman

« Reply #14 on: 26 May 2020, 12:48 pm »
Rick, I'll definitely follow you on Facebook-

pawsman

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #15 on: 26 May 2020, 06:31 pm »
It was suggested that there could be a Selah Audio owners circle here. If so, a moderator would be needed.

djpk

« Reply #16 on: 26 May 2020, 08:45 pm »
Rick, I heard your 3D speakers a number of years ago at RMAF. They are some of the best speakers I've ever heard and I have recommended your speakers to others. I hope you continue to do well.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #17 on: 27 May 2020, 04:34 pm »
Rick, I heard your 3D speakers a number of years ago at RMAF. They are some of the best speakers I've ever heard and I have recommended your speakers to others. I hope you continue to do well.

Thanks - that was a fun year at the RMAF. The exception is when one of the Blue Circle amps blew up.   :lol:

HT cOz

« Reply #18 on: 27 May 2020, 06:01 pm »
It was suggested that there could be a Selah Audio owners circle here. If so, a moderator would be needed.

I would be happy to moderate if needed.   :thumb:

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #19 on: 27 May 2020, 07:02 pm »
I would be happy to moderate if needed.   :thumb:

Thanks - I mentioned it to John and he'll transfer to that area when he feels the time is right.