DVD-CD recommendations

thp

DVD-CD recommendations
« on: 28 May 2003, 07:58 am »
I have no clue what to get, what's good to get and what to look for. I'd like suggestions on a $700 or less dvd-cd player. I'd like good video output, and very good stereo output. Going to be using it mostly for music, and movies would be a bonus. Recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

:wink:

JoshK

DVD-CD recommendations
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2003, 01:47 pm »
Sony SACD/DVD players are great
Denon's new Universal Player will likely be a big hit
Yamaha's UP is suppose to be great
Pioneer's UPs can be modded by Dan Wright for excellent results.

All are in your price range. All provide great video and great sonics and plausible excellent sonics with a little modding.

Al Garay

DVD-CD recommendations
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2003, 07:10 am »
You seem to like the sound of NAD. I love the sound and picture from my NAD T751 which is a multichanger. It has a digital coax output that I intend to use to connect with a modified ART DI/O. NAD also has the T562 which is the single disc  DVD and is supposed to have better specs than my T751... which is not important since I plan on using an external processor.

My main disappointment with the NAD T751 is the slow transport speed... very annoying compared to Panasonic, Toshiba or Sony. The progressive scan image is also excellent.

You would not be doing badly going with an all NAD system and adding an external amp ... NAD or ATI or AKSA ... as you upgrade.

Al