• The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Montreal Audio Sound 2018
« Reply #21 on: 29 Mar 2018, 01:26 pm »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Montreal Audio Fest 2018 – Bryston Demo - NOVO

March, 2018

Bryston Demo Montreal 2018

Aside from being able to listen to a wide range of audio systems, audio shows present the opportunity to meet some of the people that bring these products to life.  Inside this room, I sat beside James Tanner, VP of Sales and Marketing, who was happy to play me a great selection of music to demonstrate the new Bryston Active Loudspeaker System. 

In the system, the Model T loudspeakers were powered by Bryston’s brand new 21B Cubed 3-channel amps (600 watts were directed to the bass drivers, 300 watts to the mid-range woofers and 300 watts to the tweeters).  The electronics stack consisted of all Bryston gear, including the BDP-3 digital player, BDA-3 DAC, BP-26 preamp, BAX-1 active crossover and the MPS-2 power supply for the preamp. 

What’s the advantage of an active system?  The crossover is placed between the preamp and power amp, rather than inside the speaker (like in all passive speakers).  The sonic advantages of such a design are significant.

Bryston 21B Cubed Amp

During the session here, James played me selections ranging from the Crash Test Dummies to Leonard Cohen and Lou Reed.  The system offered a massively large sonic landscape with a three dimensional soundstage, a warm, natural midrange and a near perfect tonal balance.

The dynamic range of this system was also incredible, as was the handling of bass notes.  I could have sat here for hours, just hanging out with James and listening to music. 

This was definitely among the best sounding systems at the show.

Bryston SP4 Surround Processor

Another treat in this room was a static preview of the upcoming Bryston SP4 Surround Processor. 

Designed in collaboration with StormAudio from France, the SP4 is a 16 channel, highly configurable processor that will offer all the latest audio formats, including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro3D. 

You can learn more about this bad boy in a blog we wrote about it previously:

http://novo.press/bryston-sp4-surround-processor.

TJ-Sully

« Reply #22 on: 29 Mar 2018, 10:04 pm »
hi james, what would you say are the top 10 tracks played in Bryston's audio show rooms?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #23 on: 29 Mar 2018, 10:57 pm »
hi james, what would you say are the top 10 tracks played in Bryston's audio show rooms?

I have about 30 tracks I use but I guess 5 of them are the ones mentioned above.

james

TJ-Sully

« Reply #24 on: 29 Mar 2018, 11:05 pm »
any chance you can you list them - or take a picture of the playlist and post here?
i know...i know....i'm being a royal pain in the ass.

T

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #25 on: 29 Mar 2018, 11:36 pm »
or take a picture of the playlist and post here?
i know...i know....i'm being a royal pain in the ass.

T

+1  :lol:

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #26 on: 30 Mar 2018, 06:34 am »
Its a modified 875 with new Cubed input stage.

james

James,

this new amp sounds interesting to me. could you be please more precisely about the kind of modifications compared to a regular 875 amp?!

are there some more pictures of this amp (topless, backpanel, etc) ?

thanks,

al.
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2018, 08:40 am by alexone »