Anyone recommend a remote control extender for IDA units?

Big Red Machine

I tried a crappy remote extender unit to control the volume from the deck of the house and all I could get to function was Mute. The rest of the functions did not respond.

Not sure the frequency of the IDA remote control nor where on the front panel the IR receptor is located, so if anyone has successfully tried a remote extender I'd love to know the unit to purchase.

Outside deck to inside living room is 30 feet-ish through wall/window.

Thanks.

mcgsxr

Re: Anyone recommend a remote control extender for IDA units?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jul 2017, 12:27 pm »
I wonder if a Logitech Hub would work - https://www.logitech.com/en-ca/product/harmony-hub

I use one in my basement.

I installed the ios app on my iPhone and it essentially becomes a wifi-ir unit.

Very handy for my media closet setup.

rustydoglim

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jul 2017, 07:09 pm »
In this app driven world, why do you need to do that, unless you are still using CD or turntable.
You can use iOS and Android app and WR-100 to remotely control the music and stream to IDA-8.
DLNA server or Spotify --> WR-100 --> IDA-8

Doublej

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jul 2017, 12:05 am »
In this app driven world, why do you need to do that, unless you are still using CD or turntable.
You can use iOS and Android app and WR-100 to remotely control the music and stream to IDA-8.

Will this control volume and source?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 9 Jul 2017, 06:12 am »

Jason,

Is the WR-100 capable of streaming Tidal now?

rustydoglim

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2017, 06:34 pm »
Not the current WR-100. It has to be replaced with D-Stream WR-100 through a swap (for a small upgrade fee of $10 to $15). The streaming service provider does not allow one app to be used on different branded devices, and NuPrime's app does not have Tidal API. The D-Stream app works with NuPrime's WR-100, except for Tidal.  I will announce a schedule for the swap, we might make it free of charge and absorb the cost.