Another road trip

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Another road trip
« Reply #20 on: 19 May 2017, 10:27 pm »
Alan, Thanks for the pics. Sounds like you guys had a very nice visit, quite similar to mine some time back. Doesn't appear Nico has gotten any smaller.

So on re-viewing the pics I noticed something which had me go into your gallery and blow things up. One of Frank's amps on the floor which appears to be driving things. Which one is it, and is it yours or Michael's ? If memory serves it's Michael's, which would make sense if he wanted to know how the offerings sound with his amp. Did you listen with Lou's amp as well ? Thoughts ?

I'm driving my Muse with an Ultravalve, simply a preference, as they sound very nice with my old Fet Valve Ultra 550 as well.

Greg, here's wishing a full & speedy recovery. Back work is no small issue.  :thumb:

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #21 on: 19 May 2017, 10:36 pm »
Greg,

That listening room of yours combined with your rig would produce stunning music with any of the above speakers. Alan is hoping (more than a little, I suspect) that I'll buy a pair of Apollos and have Lou ship them to his home. Then, ship them to Taiwan when it comes time for me to fly there.

I suspect you'd enjoy Lou's speakers. I sure did/do.

P.S. My mother is okay now, but it was really, really close three weeks ago.  :(

Michael

rbbert

« Reply #22 on: 19 May 2017, 10:51 pm »
I have a pair of Ulysses (with the new X-over upgrades) on order; it's already getting hard to wait the months before they are finished!

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #23 on: 19 May 2017, 10:58 pm »
I have a pair of Ulysses (with the new X-over upgrades) on order; it's already getting hard to wait the months before they are finished!

Working on them right now!!! won't be long. Sorry about the delay, this year has been shall we say challenging and I REALLY appreciate the patience form everyone! :thumb:

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #24 on: 19 May 2017, 11:01 pm »
I really enjoyed the visit from Alan and Michael!!! It's these great people that remind me why I do this!

thanks guys! :thumb:

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #25 on: 19 May 2017, 11:29 pm »
Greg,

That listening room of yours combined with your rig would produce stunning music with any of the above speakers. Alan is hoping (more than a little, I suspect) that I'll buy a pair of Apollos and have Lou ship them to his home. Then, ship them to Taiwan when it comes time for me to fly there.

I suspect you'd enjoy Lou's speakers. I sure did/do.

P.S. My mother is okay now, but it was really, really close three weeks ago.  :(

Michael

Michael, maybe those speakers should ship here first, it is much closer I'm sure and you'll save money on the shipping :lol:.

Then I can drive them to Allen's house and hang out there for awhile :thumb:.

I'm really glad your Mom is O.K., life at our age with parents getting older really sucks at times.

Arthur, Thank you very much. You are right, back surgery is not fun and somewhat of a crap shoot. All you can do is hope for the best outcome. It sounds like Allen is a seasoned pro at it which I really don't want to be, but who knows what the future will bring.

maxboy00

« Reply #26 on: 21 May 2017, 03:14 pm »
Very nice pics, guys...the Apollo is looking very interesting as well.