Von Schweikert VR-5 HSE's

ada

Von Schweikert VR-5 HSE's
« on: 4 Aug 2013, 02:53 am »
Hey Guys:
I'm new to the AudioCircle and I live in Charlotte, NC. I have a pair of really nice Dark Cherry Von Schweikert VR-5 HSE's that I would  consider selling. I'm just testing the water to see if there is any interest in my own region of the country, so shipping charges can possibly be avoided. I also have the original boxes in case shipping will be required. I have to originate two posts before this site will allow me to list any items for sale, so hopefully this will count as number one. I have sold on AudiogoN and Ebay in the past.

richidoo

Re: Von Schweikert VR-5 HSE's
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2013, 04:08 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle ada!

Those are some nice speakers. They are well known so you should attract buyers from all corners. Just specify in your listing that they are for sale to local buyer only, no shipping.

Another option is to use a pack and ship company. I use Navis Pack and Ship, but there are others. They come to your house, pick up the speakers, pack them in new boxes, build new crates, whatever is necessary to protect them on the truck, palletize it, insure it and ship it to the buyer on a liftgate. It costs more than a bargain freight broker but there is no hassle. ~$1000 would probably cover this type of complete service to any US address.
Rich
(Cary)

ada

Re: Von Schweikert VR-5 HSE's
« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2013, 04:40 pm »
The VR-5 HSE's are super revealing, sometimes good or bad. They bring out every once of the signal sent to them which can be absolutely wonderful. Conversely, they can make certain older redbook CD's a bit cutting. I changed from a PS Audio PerfectWave II DAC to an Arcam D33 and WOW. The Arcam is much more polite than the PS Audio and it transformed the listening experience to very pleasurable even with older recordings. In this day of digital recordings the right DAC can be very similar to a cartridge change on a quality turntable.
Thanks,
M. Adams
Charlotte, NC