DAC DAC Kickstarter

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
DAC DAC Kickstarter
« on: 19 Dec 2015, 05:16 pm »
We're waiting for Kickstarter to verify, but we may have set the record for fasted funded Sound Project to date:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/378044010/dac-dac-ultra-high-performance-d-a-converter

We reached our goal less than 9 hours after launch!

Plenty of rewards left. If you'd like Cherry Amps as your reward for supporting this project, just let us know at Support@DigitalAmp.com.

We plan to add amp and DAC/amp combo rewards soon, based on availability.  If you already pledged and want to add amps, no problem, we can do that!

Thanks.

-Tommy O

jseipp

Re: DAC DAC Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: 23 Dec 2015, 02:44 am »
Congratulations!  I think this demonstrates the satisfaction folks have with the work you've already offered :).

md92468

« Reply #2 on: 23 Dec 2015, 04:46 am »
Will the MINT will be part of the next round of rewards? Are the two units housed in similar- or same-sized chassis...?

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #3 on: 23 Dec 2015, 01:31 pm »
Will the MINT will be part of the next round of rewards? Are the two units housed in similar- or same-sized chassis...?
Yes, same size enclosure for the following Cherry products, matching red/black finish:
    60V 1kW Maraschino Power Supply
    MINT Maraschino Stereo Amplifier ---- volume knob sticks out
    DAC DAC (either TL or HS version)

We are planning to add amp rewards soon (including MINT).  We added 60V upgrades yesterday (can be combined with other pledges).

To hear news FIRST about added rewards and DAC DAC information, just pledge $1 or more to the program.  We are requesting $1 pledges from those who wish to show their support without making a purchase.  This helps us stay on the Kickstarter radar.  Here's the project link for convenience:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/378044010/dac-dac-ultra-high-performance-d-a-converter

Thanks.

md92468

« Reply #4 on: 23 Dec 2015, 07:40 pm »
Yes, same size enclosure for the following Cherry products, matching red/black finish:
    60V 1kW Maraschino Power Supply
    MINT Maraschino Stereo Amplifier ---- volume knob sticks out
    DAC DAC (either TL or HS version)

We are planning to add amp rewards soon (including MINT).  We added 60V upgrades yesterday (can be combined with other pledges).

To hear news FIRST about added rewards and DAC DAC information, just pledge $1 or more to the program.  We are requesting $1 pledges from those who wish to show their support without making a purchase.  This helps us stay on the Kickstarter radar.  Here's the project link for convenience:

Thanks.

Done. Sounds pretty slick - looking forward to seeing the rewards.
I presume the upgraded power supply will also be usable with the MINT?

Happy holidays!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #5 on: 23 Dec 2015, 08:09 pm »
Done. Sounds pretty slick - looking forward to seeing the rewards.
I presume the upgraded power supply will also be usable with the MINT?

Happy holidays!
The DUAL 60V upgrade is for monoblocks (Desktop or In-Line Maraschino). The MINT (stereo Maraschino) requires only one 60V power supply. We are discussing a MINT upgrade....  Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

jseipp

« Reply #6 on: 27 Dec 2015, 04:11 am »
A heads up!  Anyone looking for a dac/amp combination designed from the start to play beautiful music together might want to check out the possibilities with Tommy O -- not only are the DAC DACs being offered, but some great add-on amp deals are mentioned the Kickstarter faq, bottom of the page. 

Unlike many Kickstarter campaigns, this one is designed to get the goodies into our homes and playing quickly.  I have benefitted from both of DACs previous campaigns, and am looking forward to the fruits of this one as well :).       

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #7 on: 30 Dec 2015, 10:32 pm »
We added a BUNCH of FAQs:
  • How do I add In-Line (hanging) Maraschinos to my Rewards?
  • How do I add Desktop Maraschinos to my Rewards?
  • How do I add a MINT Maraschino to my Rewards?
  • What if I have a single ended (RCA connectors) only preamp?
  • How do I add a DUAL 60V 1kW Power Supply Upgrade to my Rewards?
  • How do I add "Speaker Snakes" to my Rewards?
  • How do I add Classic Cherry MONO Amplifiers to my Rewards?
  • What Preamps are recommended for use with DAC DAC?

We added a BUNCH of Rewards that can also be added to other pledges:
  • In-Line Maraschinos $1090/pr, reg $1900/pr
  • KING In-Line Maraschinos $1840/pr, reg $3100/pr!
  • Desktop Maraschinos $1190/pr, reg $2500/pr ---- less than half price!
  • KING Desktop Maraschinos $1940/pr, reg $3300/pr!
  • MINT Maraschino $990, reg $1300
  • KING MINT Maraschino $1590, reg $1900
  • DUAL 60V 1kW Upgrade $550, reg $800
  • Classic Cherry MONOs $1290/pr, reg $3000/pr ---- 60% off!
  • MORE!

Are asking for your support.  If you haven't pledged yet, please do, even if it's for just $1!  We would like to get to 100 backers.  This will increase our popularity with "project finder" sites and on social media.

Project link:

Thanks!

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical

OzarkTom

« Reply #9 on: 3 Jan 2016, 03:44 am »
$1190 is a steal for those desktop cherry amps. Are the 30v power supplies still the best sound,Tommy?

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
« Reply #10 on: 3 Jan 2016, 01:34 pm »
$1190 is a steal for those desktop cherry amps. Are the 30v power supplies still the best sound,Tommy?
I prefer the sound with the 60V supply for most music, but when listening at LOW levels, the 30V really does "smooth" well....

mfsoa

« Reply #11 on: 3 Jan 2016, 03:07 pm »
Still an absolute steal. The future owner(s) will simply not believe the price/performance ratio they have!

Correct me if I'm wrong but these are not just for a desktop computer set up but would also be ideal for a main system that didn't require a ton of watts.

OzarkTom

« Reply #12 on: 4 Jan 2016, 02:41 am »
If anyone is still using Ncores, these Cherry amps is a step up in SQ by quite a bit. :thumb:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: 4 Jan 2016, 02:51 am »
If anyone is still using Ncores, these Cherry amps is a step up in SQ by quite a bit. :thumb:
Oh yeah? Well, Cherry amps haven't arrived to my house on a tour like the the two pairs of NCores did. 

OzarkTom

« Reply #14 on: 4 Jan 2016, 03:01 am »
Oh yeah? Well, Cherry amps haven't arrive to my house on a tour like the the two pairs of NCores did.

I have had both the NC400's and the NC 1200's here and both fall short of these mono DAC cherry amps in SQ.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #15 on: 4 Jan 2016, 03:02 am »

I have had both the NC400's and the NC 1200's here and both fall short of these mono DAC cherry amps in SQ.
In your very subjective opinion. 

OzarkTom

« Reply #16 on: 4 Jan 2016, 03:15 am »
In your very subjective opinion.

And in your opinion, ncores are better even if you have never heard the Chrry amps on your system

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: 4 Jan 2016, 03:16 am »
And in your opinion, ncores are better even if you have never heard the Chrry amps on your system
Oh really?  You can speak for me now too?   :duh:

OzarkTom

« Reply #18 on: 4 Jan 2016, 03:54 am »
Oh really?  You can speak for me now too?   :duh:

Just quoting you.,

For my taste I have to agree with this review of Bruno's Mola Mola amps, the Ncores just does
not quite meet the sound of live music.

Mono and Stereo. http://www.monoandstereo.com/2015/08/mola-mola-makua-and-kaluga-review.html

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: 4 Jan 2016, 01:26 pm »

Just quoting you.,

For my taste I have to agree with this review of Bruno's Mola Mola amps, the Ncores just does
not quite meet the sound of live music.

Mono and Stereo. http://www.monoandstereo.com/2015/08/mola-mola-makua-and-kaluga-review.html
You make zero sense whatsoever.