TWO.2 is back in the setup and sounds better then ever.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
I rebuilt my system the other day, swapped in all my Virtue gear and made the signal path all solid state and it sounds pure and clean,smooth and easy to listen to for long periods of time. I was using a 6.5 watt tube integrated and it was time to try a new variation so I took the amp out, and using the SS outputs from my tube DAC I'm using the Piano,SB Touch, and TT as front end into Grant Fidelity Tube dac-09 with Solid State outputs, so its a pre amp for me as I have turned the TWO into a straightup power amp, no volume pot in the signal. With the new JBL-L830's at 90db efficiency this setup is clearly the best I ever used so far..

The Grant piece is dead quiet, clean and lets the TWO.2 do its thing. Right now with the Piano M1 my CD playback is a half step ahead over the SB Touch but I haven't tweaked the touch much but I love the sound of the Piano's DAC...I don't use very much power listening nearfield and at relatively low volumes but you can hear the TWO just waiting to jump in and blow me away. I use a subwoofer so I get the nice rounded kick drum, the sub output on the TWO was a great idea and I hope it continues with all Seth's creations. Its so easy to integrate the sub this way..... over the weekend I really cranked it up for my youngest to start his hearing damage...LOL...not that loud!!! 

When these units are allowed to open up they really produce a great sound. I don't know how to explain the sound but its one that has me by the ears.....I hope the TWO's don't dissappear and the Piano's don't either because this stuff is so special...for right around or a little over a grand but under 1500 I got a nice rig here, really nice, even my kid was amazed and asked three times when music wasn't playing yet to add it to our videogame marathon over the weekend...anyway I may just keep this setup for quite awhile so I wanted to thank Seth and crew for letting me really enjoy my music again like when I was a kid...Thanks Folks!!!!

PS-I'm not going anywhere, I just had to acknowledge these units. Seth helped me when I was starting out and pushed the quality of my gear up there really fast with these units....thanks again bud!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
Re: TWO.2 is back in the setup and sounds better then ever.
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2011, 04:13 am »
Eddie, thanks!

jparkhur

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2011, 11:06 pm »
Ed,
I just picked up an unused 2.2 from an UNKNOWN source.  I currently have it hooked directly to a set of half changs with a full range tang band driver.  ? Did NOT using it as a preamp help your sound that much?  I have a Khozmo preamp (passive) with a great set of mono volume attenuators..do i use it????  If so, do i need to bypass something on the inside? 

Thanks...

Seth, awaiting more 2.2 and replacements come the first of the year.. my kids need simplicity...JP

Rclark

« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2011, 11:50 pm »
Jon I have mine in what I find is the best sounding configuration, preamp bypassed and hipassed.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #4 on: 1 Oct 2011, 01:14 am »
Ed,
I just picked up an unused 2.2 from an UNKNOWN source.  I currently have it hooked directly to a set of half changs with a full range tang band driver.  ? Did NOT using it as a preamp help your sound that much?  I have a Khozmo preamp (passive) with a great set of mono volume attenuators..do i use it????  If so, do i need to bypass something on the inside? 

Thanks...

Seth, awaiting more 2.2 and replacements come the first of the year.. my kids need simplicity...JP
There is a jumper that needs to have its position changed. Virtue has the manuals on the website for each unit-its a downloadable PDF file..the manual tells how to bypass it.
The sound difference is noticeably better in my opinion, I run mine full range on the speakers and bypass the volume knob-you'll be pleasantly surprised..like getting new equipment.