New V3 users chime in

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
Re: New V3 users chime in
« Reply #60 on: 5 Dec 2009, 05:27 pm »
I tried posting this on Chris's blog and agree with his early findings and he has a fun music time ahead listening to what breakin will deliver.

You have hit it on the head with your early findings i had very similar. I ve been a Nuforce user since the original Ref 9 and used the upgrade route since. What a breath of fresh air Casey, Jason and Nuforce have brought to the high end community with there products and upgrades. I now have over 150 hrs on my V3 SEs along with Caseys RCA IC and Speaker cables. I don t like breaking in 2 different components at one time. I was anxious and wanted to save some time. I believe the wire needs more time than the amps. After last nights long and revealing music session all that you have mentioned superb bass, life like mids voice and instruments, upper end sounds clear and clean. A soundstage thats very real with depth and the amazing amount of sound that comes from the outside of my speakers a virtual wall of sound. And as you mention the space between sounds is real and present with those sounds so imaged. Micro detail is off the charts. For me its the ability of these amps and possibly the wire to have timber that is approaching real live sound as musicians playing in the room with you. I tried using P 9 and had one in my system for quite a while. I thought the sound was on the some what sterile side and changed to a tubed preamp and have not looked back. I also use vinyl playback as my reference for serious music listening. I believe these things contribute to that warm tubby sound i have in my system. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts as your burn in continues. Mike

Arnoldhasmail

« Reply #61 on: 6 Dec 2009, 05:14 am »
I'm a 9sev2 owner that plans to take the leap to v3se...What's the wait time now?  Does the faceplate get replaced with another flat style plate that won't match the new 9v3se amps being sold?  Doesn't fare well for resale... :(

beachbum

« Reply #62 on: 6 Dec 2009, 06:03 pm »
Arnoldhasmail i can answer one of your questions no you dont get the new type face plate with the upgrade. You get a new front plate though like the original with the V3 logo on it. You can spend extra cash and request the new front plate if you like. Looks dont mean a thing its the sound and V3 will take you further into the music than V2. Have a good one and enjoy the music. Mike

Welborne

• I love open baffle with 100db sensitivity!
« Reply #63 on: 6 Dec 2009, 07:17 pm »
i listened to mine a bit again today...and now still burning it in...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #64 on: 6 Dec 2009, 09:29 pm »
Audiogon has an interesting thread with informative feedback from several V3 users:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1257789913

beachbum

« Reply #65 on: 7 Dec 2009, 01:21 pm »
First off i would like to let all know that i tried to get the beachbum name at Audogon but it was taken so i m stltrains there for those interested heres another Audiogon link for V3 upgrade. Mike http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1258423116

mcullinan

« Reply #66 on: 7 Dec 2009, 05:44 pm »

Welborne

« Reply #67 on: 7 Dec 2009, 07:23 pm »
Nice review at Six Moons:
http://www.sixmoons.com/audioreviews/nuforce12/v3.html

Mr, Kramer's experience with his new v3 seems to echo mine,especially the roller coaster bit...Mine is around its 100 hours mark.....I listened, and I think i need to push it to post 150 hours mark with a few more days of xlo burn in cd in the spinning.

beachbum

« Reply #68 on: 8 Dec 2009, 02:16 am »
Ditto to my findings by Mr Kramer. Yes i did not mention the shrill in the mid range till now. I did email John with that not so good news at the time. For me crossing the 130 hr mark was the time sound really became better and smoothed out and as time went on even better. A fine review by a pro and it makes me feel better knowing my results mirror his. Anyone on the fence about upgrading if you want more from your system go for it.

A question for Jason dont know if another upgrade will become available for Ref 9 but if it does can you send out the board like was done with Mr Kramer for us in the USA. For guys like me who are dieing with out music it would be a real time saver.
Mike

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #69 on: 8 Dec 2009, 04:49 am »

A question for Jason dont know if another upgrade will become available for Ref 9 but if it does can you send out the board like was done with Mr Kramer for us in the USA. For guys like me who are dieing with out music it would be a real time saver.
Mike
The reason we do the upgrade instead of sending the boards:

1.  We use very good soldering equipment
2.  We test the amp after it's being upgraded to ensure performance.

That's why we advice our customers to seek local installation services with their respective Nuforce agents, so that the upgrades are done professionally.

Welborne

« Reply #70 on: 8 Dec 2009, 05:40 am »
I have to agree with Casey because my v3 upgrade came back with new packing, new volume knobs and a test result data sheet full of numbers. Nice job :thumb:

beachbum

« Reply #71 on: 8 Dec 2009, 01:28 pm »
Welborne aint it nice to get some lagniappe.

Jason i understand and no complaints i could not be any happier with the latest upgrade.
Mike

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
« Reply #72 on: 10 Dec 2009, 06:22 pm »
my 9V2SE's are off to have the upgrade to V3SE. I have the P9 preamp and have really enjoyed the set up. From what i have read it sounds like the burn in time is a bit more extended from the V2SEs. They should be back by mid week next week and I can wait to get them humming.

Seems like concensus is about 130 hrs of burn in. I will report back on the journey. I enjoy reading the others experiences so those with stories keep them coming.

neutralos

« Reply #73 on: 11 Dec 2009, 04:11 pm »
Nice review at Six Moons:
http://www.sixmoons.com/audioreviews/nuforce12/v3.html

finally it is published ...was looking forward to read it as pronounced weeks ago.

Welborne

« Reply #74 on: 13 Dec 2009, 11:02 am »
Hi guys, I want to give an update, an important one indeed....

It has been a while since I made some positive comments about the Nuforce V3. I have been going through a head-spinning experience, pretty much like that of Edgar's. I have exchanged many messages with Jason-Nuforce and his agent in Hong Kong, expressing the hugh dissapointment I had going from V2 (i was very happy, so i was hoping to get happier with upgrade) to V3 in my Ia-7...I have been bothering these gentlemen but they both have been very patient and supportive.

Reading the several very positive feedback from this forum and contrast that to what I was hearing made me feel my ears had problem. I did not like the new V3 at all, so much that I wanted to go back to V2 and tried to forget making any upgrade.

You just could not believe Nuforce amp could sound so slow, sluggish, so much rolling off from the top end, all the musical nuances and spatial information were missing, and for a while I started to wonder if my tweeters are malfunctioning. I don't like slow and mellow sound, and my Nuforce in its early hours sound like a good push-pull tube amp with a lot of negative feedback added, if you know what I mean....

....But wait....

A number of people on this forum has sent me messages, asking me to give it more time. I haev never been a true believer of "breaking-in", and if this matter does exist, I were  not able to hear much difference in the past. And I haev always scored good second hand gears that were well broken in before reaching my hands. well, I have tried my best to break in the Nuforce v3 boards by leaving it on for a few days continously playing some music in repeat mode and left the room. When it reached around 80 hours I listened to it again with some positive expectation, thinking "should be quite enough to make a change", but I was presented with further disappointment, and at this point I made further communicatino with a few people and Jason. Everything sounded compressed, stressed, top end is extremelhy rolled off, sounding NOTHING like V2, and could possibilty the worst sounding amp I have owned. I left the room, and the amp on for another few days playing repeatedly the XLO burn in track, going for my last hope.

I returned to my listening room with negative expectation. Now the amp has reached 160 hours or a bit more. I did not care about the exact 150 hours mark, I was desparate to hear what the v3 hype was about.

WOW........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everything that were missing are now BACk, BACK, BACK. Transparency, transience, and most important of all, the micro details and instrument textures which I treasured so much with the V2. Music comes alive again. The slightly edgy top end of the v2 was gone, and in v3, it changed from too mellow, mushy, rolled-off to now sparkling, crystalline and "just right".

Image depth is pushed further into the wall behing the speakers as if the wall was not there. Treble quality is better than v2 because the somtimes "too much high" sensation isn't there anymore. Everything is sounding so "crunchy" now (hope you understand what i mean as I run out of words).

My goodness, really. And really, 150 hours or more is really needed, and don't give up the hope. i did not believe it, and I did not want to believe it because I thought such well measured gear should sound right out of box and breaking in should make some but not a hugh difference. How wrong I was.

Now I would venture into the game of powercord rolling. i just scored a voodoo powercord tonight and will update here.

Thanks Jason for your patience. I am very happy now.  But I do think you should change the recommended hours of burn-in from 75 to 150 hours in your user manual and website. It is necessary. A mistake for anyone to judge the amp right out of the box.

:green: :green: :green:

WerTicus

« Reply #75 on: 13 Dec 2009, 11:45 am »
maybe they should just run the amps at the factory first :)

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
« Reply #76 on: 13 Dec 2009, 02:01 pm »
At the risk of asking what could be percieved as a stupid question ...... during the burn in time does the volume (how hard you push the amp) matter???? or is it a matter of keeping some electrons flowing thru the system. My V3's will be back Wednesday and I have a couple of weeks off work over the holidays and I am really looking forward to some serious listening time.

beachbum

« Reply #77 on: 13 Dec 2009, 06:34 pm »
David i can tell you how i did it running the STS burn in cd while at work at a good volume. Then at home listening to music at different levels. I enjoyed the burn in process and now enjoying the music.
Mike

beachbum

« Reply #78 on: 13 Dec 2009, 07:26 pm »
maybe they should just run the amps at the factory first :)
I dont think thats a good idea. The main reason is not having your amps for the time needed and in my case well into over 200 hrs changes are still happening though not at a dramatic level, that could be a long time. The other reason i am enjoying the process of listening to the changes. Mike

worldcat

« Reply #79 on: 13 Dec 2009, 07:38 pm »
I can't wait to get mine back, it will not take me long to get 2 to 3 hundred hours! :drool: