Triode Wire Labs reopens after Hurricane Sandy

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
Triode Wire Labs reopens after Hurricane Sandy
« on: 12 Nov 2012, 02:07 pm »
We received grid power back to the "Lab" late on Saturday and we have reopened for normal business after the devastating aftereffects of Hurricane Sandy.

Thank you for your patience in my response to your inquiries.

I'm still working 16 hours per day assisting others in need using my electrical expertise but that should be winding down shortly. We currently have an inventory of power cords in stock, available for immediate shipment.

Thank you & may God bless all of you,
Pete

richidoo

Re: Triode Wire Labs reopens after Hurricane Sandy
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2012, 05:15 pm »
Great to see you back Pete.

Thanks for your service on LI. I can only imagine what this ordeal has been like for you.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2012, 04:35 am »
Hi Pete, glad to hear you kept your head above the water and you're finally getting your feet back on the ground. Your neighborhood is fortunate to have you & your talents in a time like this.  :notworthy:

From what I hear, there is still so much to do and  "hands-on" help will be needed for some time to come. I can understand that from the months it took for Vermont to get the roads opened back up after Irene last year. Hopefully Pete, your region will see that same Herculie effort we saw here.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

GT Audio Works

« Reply #3 on: 13 Nov 2012, 12:48 pm »
Hi Pete...Feels good to have those electrons flowing again !  We also were out till Late Sunday afternoon.
Funny thing I am sure you also noticed having teenage kids. I did more real talking to them in those 13 days since they could not retreat to their electronic devices.
 And it was nice eating dinner all together by candlelight.
We had a little excitement during the storm,,luckily the only thing hurt was a rain gutter and some shingles.
I too am anxious to get back to work and start making some sawdust !!!
                                                                                                                                  Greg

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #4 on: 13 Nov 2012, 01:44 pm »
Welcome back Piotr! Glad you and your family are doing well.

Cheers,

Anand.

TomS

« Reply #5 on: 13 Nov 2012, 02:38 pm »
Pete,

Good to hear you're back in action there.

It has to be incredible pressure to get the power grid restored after Sandy. I know if I had one of those politicians in a suit barking about it needing to go faster, I'd tell them to climb the poles and towers in the rain and snow themselves. The crews who are working night and day deserve better.

Tom

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #6 on: 13 Nov 2012, 04:09 pm »
  Great news Pete. Cords to the masses. Hey when is the Lab going to delve into speaker cables ??

charles

Berto

« Reply #7 on: 13 Nov 2012, 05:04 pm »
Glad you are getting back on track Pete and you and your family are well  :thumb:

I will be getting in touch shortly as I will need another TWL PC for the new DUDE I should have in a few weeks.

All the best man!

Rob

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: 13 Nov 2012, 06:09 pm »
the new DUDE I should have in a few weeks.
What did you get?

Berto

« Reply #9 on: 13 Nov 2012, 06:38 pm »
What did you get?

A DUDE. EL Duder-rino...ya know  :wink:

This is Pete's thread but when I get a chance I will revive your thread J, looking fwd.

aggielaw

« Reply #10 on: 13 Nov 2012, 08:47 pm »
Glad to hear reports from residents about power coming back on.  I'm sitting on Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst as part of the unit coordinating the federal military response, and we've been astounded at the the "Stay out" position the Governor and TAG of New York have taken.  We've had generators and a countless other resources staged in NJ ready to send, but the governor and TAG have prevented us from sending them to you.  Luckily there have been other authorities that have allowed some Title 10 troops to come in and help them help people.  The governor didn't even call up his entire Guard to come help.  Kudos to the NYC EOM for their proactiveness.

I hope, electricity aside, you guys were able to avoid the flood and other damage that has damaged or destroyed so many homes on the coast.  The thoughts and prayers of the nation continue to be with you.

Best,
hc

« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2012, 02:37 am by aggielaw »

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #11 on: 13 Nov 2012, 08:55 pm »
I've been hearing there's just as much if not more damage being caused from the hooters than from Sandy. Homes being stripped of copper tubing I've been hearing a lot of. Then there's still 60,000 w/o power on Long Island. Over 2 weeks and counting,,, lots more work to do.  :duh:

Cheers,
Robin

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #12 on: 13 Nov 2012, 08:58 pm »
Pete,

Glad to hear.

See you in December.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #13 on: 13 Nov 2012, 10:56 pm »
Pete,

It's good to hear you're getting back in business. I hope you can quickly make up any business you lost.