Klipsch Powergate Integrated Amp

NickMimi

Re: Klipsch Powergate Integrated Amp
« Reply #80 on: 26 May 2020, 08:22 pm »
I have a love hate relationship with my powergate amp. I have been unsuccessful trying to get the last update to stick. It worked OK previous to this but about 2 or 3 months ago it wanted an update and since I was unable to get that to work I can no longer get it to function properly. I have basically gone to using the BT feature to stream services. It's OK but annoys me since I no longer get Hi-Res. I'll try again in a few days when I'm having a good day, less chance of me throwing it out a window...
It's a solid unit if you can get the updates to work and add a small pair of fans to keep it cool.

Brettio

« Reply #81 on: 26 May 2020, 08:33 pm »
I have a love hate relationship with my powergate amp. I have been unsuccessful trying to get the last update to stick. It worked OK previous to this but about 2 or 3 months ago it wanted an update and since I was unable to get that to work I can no longer get it to function properly. I have basically gone to using the BT feature to stream services. It's OK but annoys me since I no longer get Hi-Res. I'll try again in a few days when I'm having a good day, less chance of me throwing it out a window...
It's a solid unit if you can get the updates to work and add a small pair of fans to keep it cool.

Before you throw it out the window, will it be thrown from the first or second story?  And if I catch it can I have it?!  Seriously though, I’d wait to see if Witchdoctor can help before you give up on it. 

Doublej

« Reply #82 on: 26 May 2020, 10:15 pm »
It's class D. It is supposed to run cool, no?

annamarykahn

« Reply #83 on: 26 May 2020, 10:40 pm »
It's class D. It is supposed to run cool, no?

mine runs hotish, even just powered & not outputting ... did not expect that :-(

Chaplir

« Reply #84 on: 4 Jul 2020, 03:13 pm »
Any impressions on the Powergate used as a phono pre-amp?

acresm22

« Reply #85 on: 12 Feb 2021, 07:46 pm »
Just an update: Klipsch is selling some factory refurb Powergates on its website for $199.

VM95ml

« Reply #86 on: 25 Jul 2021, 03:31 pm »
BTW, the amp does run a little hot so I have it sitting on this fan which is plugged into the USB port on the back of the amp. I have it on the lowest setting, can't hear it at all, and keeps the amp ice cold.
Good idea! I thought class D amps don'r run that hot but I think I'm mistaken. Or is this Klipsch an exception?