Wireless headphones for she-who-must-be-obeyed...

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Wireless headphones for she-who-must-be-obeyed...
« on: 17 Dec 2018, 04:39 pm »
OK, college-age granddaughter is taken care of.

Thoughts on $100-150 wireless headphones for the wife?   I don't want to hear her damned cooking shows when I am playing music.

$100-150 range?

TIA

Bob

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: Wireless headphones for she-who-must-be-obeyed...
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2018, 04:45 pm »
Apple Air Buds = $159. Splurge.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2018, 04:53 pm »
Hmmmm.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2018, 04:56 pm »
Thinking more over-the-ear, but open to ideas.  Something that can plug into the TV (audio out jacks) and use from 10-15 feet away.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2018, 06:33 pm »
If you don’t mind/can use a wire, how about a headphone extension cable? I just got a 15ft Grado cable for $40. Use any headphones you wish.

I think all wireless headphones are going to be Bluetooth, minus a few like Sennheiser which has a base or whatever it’s called. I don’t know how you’d send a signal from the TV unless you have some sort of device that sends a Bluetooth signal from your tv. I’m pretty behind on these things, so maybe I’m way off here?

I just bout the Focal Listen for $130. Great over the ear phones and easy to drive. Comfy too, but everyone’s head is shaped differently.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.

FireGuy

« Reply #6 on: 18 Dec 2018, 02:18 am »
Got these over ear 66 AUDIO six months ago for biking/gym.  Haven't gone to my IEM's since.  Light weight, durable, comfortable (with some initial wear time) and most importantly the sound/performance exceeds expectations.

https://www.amazon.com/66-AUDIO-Headphones-Recognition-Technology/dp/B079J34T9L/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1545099213&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=66+audio+bts+pro&psc=1

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #7 on: 18 Dec 2018, 04:37 am »
Got these over ear 66 AUDIO six months ago for biking/gym.  Haven't gone to my IEM's since.  Light weight, durable, comfortable (with some initial wear time) and most importantly the sound/performance exceeds expectations.

https://www.amazon.com/66-AUDIO-Headphones-Recognition-Technology/dp/B079J34T9L/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1545099213&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=66+audio+bts+pro&psc=1

Crap.  Now I'm really confused.

But if she could tell the Bitch in the Box to play through the headphones, does that mean I won't have to listen to that insufferable little POS speaker?  If so, where do I buy?

FireGuy

« Reply #8 on: 18 Dec 2018, 08:07 pm »
Crap.  Now I'm really confused.

But if she could tell the Bitch in the Box to play through the headphones, does that mean I won't have to listen to that insufferable little POS speaker?  If so, where do I buy?

The Pro Voice connects to Alexa through the Motion Control App.  It is not able to connect directly to an Echo.  Purchase avail via Amazon.

randytsuch

« Reply #9 on: 18 Dec 2018, 08:30 pm »
I think you need a bluetooth transmitter to plug into the TV, something along these lines

https://www.armchairempire.com/Reviews/best-bluetooth-transmitters

Then any pair of bluetooth cans should do the trick.

I picked up some Bose wireless cans for the kids from a costco black friday sale for costco's return policy, but that sale is over.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #10 on: 18 Dec 2018, 08:42 pm »
I think you need a bluetooth transmitter to plug into the TV, something along these lines

https://www.armchairempire.com/Reviews/best-bluetooth-transmitters

Then any pair of bluetooth cans should do the trick.

I picked up some Bose wireless cans for the kids from a costco black friday sale for costco's return policy, but that sale is over.

Thanks! That's the hole in the story I was missing.  Not an hour ago I was in a co-worker's office and she had a nice-sounding pair of BT headphones.  Comfortable, and only $20!!  Ordering in in 3, 2, 1....

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #11 on: 25 Dec 2018, 08:23 pm »
UPDATE:  After forgetting to hit "buy now" on the $20 headphones until it was too late to have one for Christmas, I found the Sony WH-CH700N cans for $100 at Best Buy.  More features, far better built, and she loves them!  Now we can sit in the same room watching "Big Bang Theory" reruns without giving me an aneurism (I work at an engineering university where every days is the Big Bang Theory)....

Thanks for all the assistance!

Bob