Omnia WR-1 Bluetooth

billyc

Omnia WR-1 Bluetooth
« on: 25 Jun 2020, 03:58 am »
Hi,

I'm going to buy a WR-1.  It stated built-in aptx HD Bluetooth.  However, when I read the user manual, it doesn't mention how to connect Bluetooth devices, such as smartphone or iPad.  Is there any user having experience about that?

Many thanks,

rustydoglim

Re: Omnia WR-1 Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jun 2020, 06:50 pm »
The manual doesn't explain how to connect to bluetooth devices because we expect this to be a "common" knowledge as it is documented in your smartphone devices. It shows up as a BT device and you just connect like you do with all other BT devices.
I think you are wondering if there is anything to configure for aptX HD, and there is no setup. The sender will tell WR-1 if the data is aptX HD. For example, if your Android phone support aptX HD, then it will automatically send the data in high-res format since the WR-1 supports it.

HEGOM

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2020, 02:17 pm »
hi all, iam just new to this forum AND new in possessing a OMNIA WR-1, just bought that iam coupling with a pair of CELSUS SP ONE ACTIVE.
Iam exploring its possibilities since few days only.
I know, this is an 'old' post and rustydoglim , maybe, discovered everything on his own already, but i would warn other Apple users about APTX HD:
Well, simply you cant use it from your iphone or Ipad, because its not implemented by Apple that uses another standard.
You can use it from Mac but not from IPAD and Iphone as i said.
So , streaming from an ipad to a WR-1, will not produce an HD listening , and i suggest anyway the 'wired' solution.

To have a true HD audio, through WR-1, if you have an iphone or ipad, have to use the nuprime app and use tunin or tidal or other services from app, or use the app for controlling a nas (or a usb hard drive connected to your router as nas) in a wired ethernet environment. This is how iam using it.

rustydoglim

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2020, 04:50 pm »
Yes.
Or you can just use iOS device as controller to stream music online or from DLNA media server to WR-1.

HEGOM

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jul 2020, 05:31 pm »
hello rusty,
absolutely yes. I opened a new thread specifically on this.
Iam using IOS as controller for reading NAS and send to WR-1, but interface is very essential, just a directory and nothing more.
I was unable to do a search by author or by title and i cant see cover art neither.
in the other post i ask about a way to interact with KODI, and maybe i found a way....  :duh: