Lou Reed's Daedalus Speakers for sale

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
Lou Reed's Daedalus Speakers for sale
« on: 25 Feb 2015, 06:54 pm »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201291034346?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Lou Reed was a true gentleman,very gracious at all times. I am honored that for almost twenty years he used my speakers both on tour and in the studio .

[/img]

from ebay
This Daedalus C-81 Cabinet was part of Lou's acoustic rig on the Berlin tour.
During this time he would use Cornish pre/feedbucker with Hot House M500 into Daedalus cabs.

Daedalus C-81 and G60 case

4U of rack space

24x16x26 with case/casters

78 lbs

has a flap on the bottom that folds out to tip the cab back like a wedge

road case is a very tight fit
--
All items include Certificate of Authenticity.

If you have any concerns regarding authenticity please google "lou reed estate auction"

shahed

Re: Lou Reed's Daedalus Speakers for sale
« Reply #1 on: 25 Feb 2015, 07:35 pm »
This post reminded me that Lou Reed passed away. RIP.

As a Daedalus owner, I feel proud that Lou Reed had Daedalus cabinets and speakers. Can you share with us the story how Lou Reed ended up with Daedalus stuff?

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 25 Feb 2015, 08:08 pm »
This post reminded me that Lou Reed passed away. RIP.

As a Daedalus owner, I feel proud that Lou Reed had Daedalus cabinets and speakers. Can you share with us the story how Lou Reed ended up with Daedalus stuff?

I had met Roger Sadosky the famed guitar builder and repair wizard in 2003 at a guitar show, and apparently when Lou Reed decided to amplify his acoustic guitar he asked Roger who to go to.  Shortly after that I answered the phone in my shop to a deep voice asking "Is this Lou Hinkley?" I sad yes and his reply a simple "I'm Lou Reed..." We then talked about how best to amplify his guitars and he started buying my speakers. For several years he would personally call me for advice on that and was always gracious and humble, a no nonsense guy that you couldn't help but like and respect. Some years later I made a system for his cellist and worked with his stage manager, they were effusive with praise for Mr Reed's character.  I wish I had taken the opportunity to meet him in person and am saddened by his passing.

btw I have the first cabinet I made for him here as he traded it for a more recent model a couple of years ago. My understanding is that this one he used on most of his recordings since the early 90's both electric and acoustic guitar. 

MegaHz

« Reply #3 on: 26 Feb 2015, 11:15 pm »
SOLD

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
« Reply #4 on: 27 Feb 2015, 01:48 am »

Lou

Thanks for sharing your memories

Lou's passing was a sad day.