X5's listening height

mrotino332

X5's listening height
« on: 4 Feb 2021, 04:21 pm »
I have the X5s and am playing around with the listening height.  I'm curious what others feel is the ideal listening height for your X5s?  My ears are currently level with half way up the ribbon tweeter due to my higher than average listening chair.  It seems if I lower my ears to around the bottom of the tweeter or even slightly lower the midrange and voices become a bit more prominent.  Cymbals and other treble stuff also seems more prominent at the lower listening height.  I'm not sure which I prefer at the moment but wondering what others ideal listening heights are?

geerock

Re: X5's listening height
« Reply #1 on: 7 Feb 2021, 08:44 pm »
Don't be afraid to play with front to back tilt.  I have the X5's and I have a pair of Herbies Audio Lab isolaters under the front feet and Gaia's in the rear.  Gives me about an inch more down angle tilt.  Its perfect for my listening chair and my height.  If you haven't already, play with speaker placement from back wall, and inward tilt angle also.  Adjustment of that first reflection off the rear wall with dipole speakers is very important.