New Web Page for Modwright?

AB

New Web Page for Modwright?
« on: 2 Jun 2008, 09:49 pm »
I just had a look on Dan's website...it's all new and improved.

http://www.modwright.com/home.html

mikel51

Re: New Web Page for Modwright?
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jun 2008, 03:07 am »
looks good...the one flaw I found is that it doesn't download the pdf for the transporter mods.  all of the other links to product information seemed fine.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jun 2008, 04:06 am »
New site looks very good Dan... 1,000% better than the old one...
good luck... :beer:

Under Links....I didn't see.... AudioCircle (for the ModWright Circle)... :o

modwright

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jun 2008, 05:31 am »
Thanks guys, it was popped up earlier today with a few links yet to be fixed.  As I write this, the links have all been fixed and all datasheets are linked properly.  I do need to add some links to the LINKS page and have a few int'l dealers to add, reviews to add, etc., but at least the new site is up. www.modwright.com

It is a fresh new look for MWI and really reflects, I like to think, the new face of MWI.  We are growing our global distribution as well as product line breadth and depth, including the forthcoming MWI amplifier.

I have just previewed a review by Danny Kaey for the Transporter, that will be linked to the site.  Danny contributes to several publications, so I am not sure where it will be published. My hat is off to Danny in advance for a very well written article that sheds a positive and fresh view on the ModWright Transporter.  I can't thank Danny and Srajan both enough for each weighing in with their own thoughts, listening impressions, views and take on both the modification and the possibilities of the technology that it represents.

I am going to add a Blog to the new MWI site and will keep content current and fresh.

We are in the final stages of renovating our new showroom and factory floor.  I will share pictures of this progress in the near future.  We still have a ways to go, as the drywall is in the final stages of taping and finishing, but colors, architectural finishes and of course acoustic treatments for the 30'Lx17.5'Wx10'H Reference listening room are being chosen now.  My office/lab/R&D center will also be equipped with its own full listening system for real-time evaluation of new designs 'on the fly'.  The office is 23'x17.5'x10'.  The remainder of the space is factory floor with individual workstations, Q/C and burn-in area, shipping/receiving and parts inventory.  A third music system will provide music to the factory floor.

When all is complete, a thorough architectural pictorial will be commissioned by Marco Prozzo of www.marcoprozzo.com.  I am hoping to be moved in next month.

Lots of new things happening at MWI and the new website is where I plan to keep everyone up to date.  I will still post here of course, but will not allow the cobwebs that found their way into the corners of our previous ModWright.com site to appear again.

Thanks guys.

Take care,

Dan Wright
President, ModWright Instruments Inc.
« Last Edit: 26 Apr 2009, 05:49 pm by modwright »

SCompRacer

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jun 2008, 05:49 am »
Nice improvement Dan.  I don't see a SWLP review/awards link.  You had some before IIRC.  I still enjoy mine very much.

modwright

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jun 2008, 06:13 am »
Thanks, I will have to dig deeper for all of the information.  We are still burnishing a few rough edges ;).

Take care,

Dan

rpf

« Reply #6 on: 3 Jun 2008, 06:30 am »
Great site Dan. The number of US and International dealers you've amassed in a relatively short time is quite impressive. All together Modwright is progressing into a first tier hi end audio manufacturer. As I foresaw it would.  :dance: :banana piano: :beer:

One thing missing on the site is the SWL 9.0 Signature. I think it makes the 9.0SE redundant.

low.pfile

« Reply #7 on: 3 Jun 2008, 07:03 am »

One thing missing on the site is the SWL 9.0 Signature. I think it makes the 9.0SE redundant.

I thought the SWL 9.0 signature (tube rectified) was the only version of the 9.0 available? rpf is right - the datasheet of the SE version is pointless if not available. But maybe it is just a placeholder to allow the site to go live?

Good job on the site!

modwright

« Reply #8 on: 3 Jun 2008, 04:14 pm »
Thanks guys, in all honesty, this took longer than expected to put all together and some of the datasheets were made some time ago and are in need of updating.  I will update the Sig. Ed. page and will be refining the content as we go forward.

I appreciate the support from all of you!

Take care,

Dan

sleepysurf

• Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society
    • Suncoast Audiophile Society
« Reply #9 on: 28 Jun 2008, 02:56 pm »
Hmmm, still no mention of the 9.0 Signature Edition on the new website?  I'd like to refer some folks to the specs, but no link.

modwright

« Reply #10 on: 29 Jun 2008, 06:13 pm »
Thanks, my webmaster is getting back to me on a number of things.  He is pretty swamped right now and I have a laundry list of additions that I want to add.  I will address the mention of the 'Sig. Edition' on the datasheet for the 9.0SE.  I didn't realize just how old the information was.

Thanks again for the reminder!  FWIW, the main difference in specs is that the Sig. Ed. has a 5AR4/GZ34 based tube-rectified power supply and uses custom MWI capacitors throughout, for power and signal path.

Sincerely,

Dan W.