Super-Vs at upcoming audio fests or local demo near San Francisco?

Cheeseboy

We have to have someone design the subwoofer for that car.  You just might be the guy.  We have our automotive "Works with iPod, iPhone, iPad." contract.  That needs some work. 

Cheeseboy

Steve,

We'll be showing our Trinity speakers along with Melody Pre & Mono.

I am still listening to the LS6 but I'm building my personal pair of curved LS9. :)

Me too, I'm looking forward to finally meeting you in about 2 months.

Curved LS9's.  Bent like the Rocket cabinet or curved like the Focals?  Curved in or out?  That is an interesting concept. 

tasar

I have to take the driver too? You don't eat too much do you?

Going fast? I been involved in drag racing since I was old enough to drive. I like going fast.  :green:

Danny......you mean this "fast" ?

Danny Richie

We have to have someone design the subwoofer for that car.  You just might be the guy.  We have our automotive "Works with iPod, iPhone, iPad." contract.  That needs some work.

The trick is to use a highly effieicnt digital amp with it that won't drain the batteries so fast.

I have an 8" sub in the works that might be just right for it actually.

Danny Richie

Danny......you mean this "fast" ?

Tasar, that looks like a blast. Is that you?

TomS

Tasar, that looks like a blast. Is that you?
I have several neighbors on our lake that have these. They are about like the shifter karts where you are an inch or 2 off the ground going 50-70+mph with no suspension help other than flex :o A friend recently went through the ice here and had to be rescued from about 30 minutes in very cold water.  Very lucky to be alive because of friends that were out with him and a special ice rescue boat.

Cheeseboy

Flying a hull on ice.  That looks more fun than squishen tadpoles.

Cheeseboy

PS  Where's the Jib?

sandbagger

Those things are crazy fast.  My brother inlaw races over on Gull Lake by Kalamazoo Mi.  I was going to give it a try but could never find the time when they had good ice conditions :duh:

tasar

Yeah Danny, that's me. These boats are, like, 99dB efficient. Because the boat is always going faster than the wind, it actually powers up from the air created by your forward motion. Efficient ? Well, these boats will go 5 to 6X the actual wind speed. So 10 knots of wind in these conditions will get you near 60mph. Now, that doesn't sound like much, but when you're laying flat on your back 3" off the ice, it feels WAY fast. The mast is composite carbon and bends like a hunter's bow. When the mast snaps back vertical you become the "arrow". Those instantaneous accelerations are 100 plus ! I'm at 58.7mph in the picture. You can see the intense compression on the plank that holds the side runners beneath my body. In these conditions, 10,000 lbs of compression has been measured. No jib necessary, in fact, the sail is much like a plane's wing. If it's over curved(cambered) and not kept in tight, the sail will stall, just like a plane. We just stop....falling from the sky, not so good. Theoretically, if the lake was infinitely long, these boats would continue to accelerate, much like a flywheel. Even though the ice can be silk smooth, things really start to shake. We use aviation quality epoxy to hold these things together. Oh, BTW, the surround sound is wonderous !

Speaking of "FAST", here's my take on the Super Vs.

alienderivative

West System for epoxy materials?

6 knots is plenty fast for me, on the water, that is.

Danny Richie

Welcome to AC alienderivative.

Cheeseboy

Nothin Alien about those Super V's Tasar.  That is a very classy pair of speakers.   

Very well done!

Cheeseboy

West System for epoxy materials?

6 knots is plenty fast for me, on the water, that is.

Do you sail in the Bay? 

Cheeseboy

The trick is to use a highly effieicnt digital amp with it that won't drain the batteries so fast.

I have an 8" sub in the works that might be just right for it actually.

I just dreaming here but the first Alias units that roll off the line will be Special Editions.  Adding a world class audio system would be a plus.

In keeping with the best of battery systems.

A battery tube buffered integrated with a digital amp by Virtue/Dodd.  A nearfield GR Research speaker application with an 8 inch servo woofer. 

Where are we sending the door for voicing? 

HAL

• Industry Contributor
To do the voicing correctly you need the entire car.   :thumb:

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Steve,

Morning.

How much one of those babies cost?

Can we trade a pair of LS9 for it? ;) :D

I'd love to take a tour of the factory if I may. :)
I just dreaming here but the first Alias units that roll off the line will be Special Editions.  Adding a world class audio system would be a plus.

In keeping with the best of battery systems.

A battery tube buffered integrated with a digital amp by Virtue/Dodd.  A nearfield GR Research speaker application with an 8 inch servo woofer. 

Where are we sending the door for voicing?

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
That's my thought exactly. :)

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Curved in like Art's CLS9. :)
Curved LS9's.  Bent like the Rocket cabinet or curved like the Focals?  Curved in or out?  That is an interesting concept.

Danny Richie

Unfortunately yes.