couple N3 questions

allthumbs

couple N3 questions
« on: 30 Aug 2010, 05:28 am »
About to finish the N3s.  I have a couple questions.
1. is there some goo to use inside the shrink wrap?  what kind of goo?  I assume using a heat gun is OK or is something else better?
2.  The tweeter has two gaskets.  I read that Danny said to not use one of the gaskets but to use a thin bead of silicone.  I assume the gasket to avoid is the gasket is between the tweeter and face place.    Is this correct?  Finally, I can't find any low-acid silicone for use with electronic parts (at least nothing at lowe's or home depot).   Where is this available.

TrungT

Re: couple N3 questions
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2010, 05:53 am »
For me, Hot glue work great.

Danny Richie

Re: couple N3 questions
« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2010, 03:40 pm »
1. is there some goo to use inside the shrink wrap?  what kind of goo?  I assume using a heat gun is OK or is something else better?

Hot glue is good.

2.  The tweeter has two gaskets.  I read that Danny said to not use one of the gaskets but to use a thin bead of silicone.  I assume the gasket to avoid is the gasket is between the tweeter and face place.    Is this correct?

This is correct.

Finally, I can't find any low-acid silicone for use with electronic parts (at least nothing at lowe's or home depot).   Where is this available.

I use clear Silicone on the bottom of the inductors only. Everything else gets zip tied down then a little hot glue is added around the caps and resistors to help hold them in place.

See the sticky at the top of the GR circle threads.